"Welsh National History museum" Top 5 Page for this destination Saint Fagans by Balam
Saint Fagans Travel Guide: 86 reviews and 335 photos
Since opening in 1948, St Fagans National History Museum has become a fantastic place to visit and is one of Europe's most outstanding open air museums and one of the most visited attractions in Wales.
The museum shows how the people of Wales have lived,worked and spent their leisure time over hundreds of years.
The Museum stands in beautiful countryside in the grounds of St Fagans Castle a late 16th C manor house that was donated to the people of Wales in 1946 by the Earl of Plymouth.
The museum site covers 42.3 hectares (104.5 acres) some of which remains woodland which is managed as a part of the lower Ely Conservation Area.
Cilewent Farmhouse was first built in 1470 and would have looked like Hendre'r-y-ywydd Uchaf (no7) but in 1734 it's... more travel advice
In 1880 William Llewellyn developed his grocery business by building this great shop. originally it was just the central... more travel advice
Balam's Related Pages
Saint Fagans Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Welsh National History museum"
- "Museum of Welsh Life"
- "Museum of Welsh Life Amgueddfa Werin Cymru"
- "St Fagans: useum of Welsh Life"
- "Prettiest Village in Cardiff"
- "St Fagans - Home of the National History Museum"
- "Acres of Museum"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Saint Fagans
- Transportation in Saint Fagans
- Restaurants in Saint Fagans
- Shopping in Saint Fagans
- Warnings and Dangers in Saint Fagans
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Saint Fagans
- 27 Reviews
- 103 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (87)
Have you been to Saint Fagans?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Saint Fagans
Photos in Saint FagansSee All Photos (103)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Manchester Intro, 94 reviews, 365 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Alvor Intro, 76 reviews, 280 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Wales Intro, 62 reviews, 244 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Crete Island Intro, 85 reviews, 210 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cardiff Intro, 46 reviews, 206 photos, 1 travelogue
- Prefecture of Heraklion Intro, 58 reviews, 145 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bangor Intro, 47 reviews, 147 photos, 4 travelogues
- London Intro, 35 reviews, 143 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oldham Intro, 48 reviews, 120 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chester Intro, 35 reviews, 130 photos