"An Amazing Place" Top 5 Page for this destination Herculaneum by Balam

Herculaneum Travel Guide: 73 reviews and 310 photos

Herculaneum

When the Volcano Mount Vesuvius erupted on 24 August 79 AD the erupting Ash, lava and debre engulfed the two busy Roman towns of Pompeii and Herculaneum as well as many smaller Towns, Villages and Roman villas.
These ruins have been uncoverd slowly since the mid 18th century and made accessible to the public.

I just loved herculanieum, and like Pompeii i took loads of pictures and have so much that i want to write but just don't have the time.

• In a nutshell:Amazing !
  • Last visit to Herculaneum: Aug 2007
  • Intro Updated Dec 7, 2009

• Myfanwe's Profile Photo
    Dec 7, 2009 at 11:32 PM

Great tips and pics, this really looks like a great place, I'd like to go here one day x

• starship's Profile Photo
    Nov 18, 2009 at 9:32 AM

Missed Herculaneum when we visited the area a couple years ago, but have heard & now seen how great it is. Also much greener & less dusty than Pompeii apparently.

• iandsmith's Profile Photo
    Sep 18, 2009 at 2:40 PM

I'm heading there, thanks for sharing your quality tips.

• janetanne's Profile Photo
    May 28, 2008 at 12:05 PM

Your tips are so informative and well written. I have been to Pompei but not herculaneum. I hope to go one day.

• Mar 31, 2008 at 5:39 AM

I see u build more intersting archaeological places! They are all great! Keep traveling!

• Maria250's Profile Photo
    Feb 27, 2008 at 12:24 PM

Yes, nothing but amazing! By the way that's what's Gomera like. Amazing. Sure you would like it.

• TheWanderingCamel's Profile Photo
    Dec 18, 2007 at 6:14 PM

Practical and to the point. Would love to see more photos - I visited Herculaneum more than 30 years ago - noone but us there - amazing! Going back next year I hope. leyle

Balam

“Take as Many Pictures As Possible”

Badges & Stats in Herculaneum

Have you been to Herculaneum?

Latest Activity in Herculaneum