"pure snowboarding not far from civilization" Mount Baker by DanOlson81
Mount Baker Travel Guide: 9 reviews and 33 photos
Mt. Baker is my 2nd favorite place to snowboard.. having been snowboarding on and off since 1994, i have been to a good number of mountains and this is by far the best value.. $39 gets you and all day lift ticket 9am-3:30pm.. baker has by far the best snow in the pacific northwest with an average annual snowfall of 703.28 inches.. in 1999, baker broke the WORLD RECORD snowfall with 1,140 inches of snow.. 95 FEET of snow.. and yes that is an official record.. Mt. Baker is not what you would consider a world class resort by any means.. the chair lifts are old and outdated, the food options are minimal, the road to the base is EXTREMELY narrow and barely has room for two cars to pass each other.. also, there are no hotels on the mountain... but the number of ungroomed trails and backcountry is insane here.. especially for the advanced riders and thrill seekers... of course since Baker is so prestine and relatively untouched, there is always a significant avalanche danger and someone dies every year from one.. but without risk, is life really worth living??
Mt. Baker has the best backcountry trails in the Northwest but there are a few rules that you MUST follow while in the... more travel advice
DanOlson81's Related Pages
Mount Baker Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "pure snowboarding not far from civilization"
- "The Gateway To The Mt. Baker Recreation Area!"
- "On The Mountain"
- "Mt Baker- Artist Point and Heliotrope"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Mount Baker
- Hotels in Mount Baker
- Restaurants in Mount Baker
- Warnings and Dangers in Mount Baker
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Mount Baker
- 3 Reviews
- 6 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Mount Baker?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Mount Baker
Top 10 Pages
- Seattle Intro, 4 reviews, 15 photos
- Multnomah Falls Intro, 11 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Everett Intro, 3 reviews, 7 photos
- Florence Intro, 9 photos, 1 travelogue
- Mount Baker Intro, 3 reviews, 6 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Snoqualmie Falls Intro, 1 review, 6 photos
- Olympia Intro, 6 photos
- Paris 2 reviews, 3 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Keystone Intro, 1 review, 4 photos
- Vatican City Intro, 1 review, 3 photos