"Sveiki atvyke i Druskininkus" Top 5 Page for this destination Druskininkai by sigthor_egle
Druskininkai Travel Guide: 128 reviews and 184 photos
Druskininkai is one of those towns that is doing quite well in Lithuania. The mayor made something very much inside in the political life of the town that all investment raised up since he started ruling the municipality, differently than in another SPA town nearby - Birstonas (that is a lot cheaper).
Druskininkai is like "national SPA town" in every Lithuanian's mind.
You still may see all kinds of architecture leftovers in this town.. Polish, Jewish, Soviet and newly build "paper houses".
We know that name Druskininkai sounds/looks ridiculously long and impossible to pronounce, oh well, but we advice for you to remember that in Lithuanian DRUSKA means SALT (it obviously has something to do with Druskininkai). We are not sure why those ancient Lithuanians chose this kind of toponym for this little village then but they probably already felt that there was something to be found in the town.. and in 19th century it was found waters full of chemistry, since then Druskininkai is promoted as a Spa place in Tsarist Russia, Lithuania, Poland, Belarus and then Soviet Union (in order of the timeline).
Druskininkai was a little bit dead after 1990 until somewhat 2000 (for strange reasons?) but it's doing quite fine in this new millenium.
We have seen few tourist informations centers in Druskininkai, but it's also nice to know something before you go there:
Grutas Soviet sculptures park, cafe, museum..:
Municipality and tourism website of Druskininkai:
Wiki page about Druskininkai:
- Pros:Calm place; not so far from Vilnius, Kaunas & surrounding countries.
- Cons:Getting more expensive year by year.
- In a nutshell:Something relaxing that is worth trying in Lithuania
The Druskininkai Spa is linked to 4* Druskininkai hotel so the prices are according to 4 star standard. Druskininkai Spa... more travel advice
Gruto Parkas is very interesting for the sake that most of the Baltic countries destroyed most of Soviet monuments when... more travel advice
sigthor_egle's Related Pages
Druskininkai Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The best European balneology resort!!!"
- "Druskininkai - resort between forests and water"
- "Sveiki atvyke i Druskininkus"
- "Druskininkai- Perfect Place For Every Season"
- "Drushininkai: easier to enjoy than to spell!"
- "Druskininkai - cozy health-resort town"
- "THE THERMAL LAND"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Druskininkai
- Hotels in Druskininkai
- Transportation in Druskininkai
- Nightlife in Druskininkai
- Restaurants in Druskininkai
- Shopping in Druskininkai
- Warnings and Dangers in Druskininkai
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Druskininkai
- 6 Reviews
- 10 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Druskininkai?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Druskininkai
Photos in DruskininkaiSee All Photos (10)
Top 10 Pages
- Rodos (City) Intro, 15 reviews, 36 photos
- Copenhagen Intro, 15 reviews, 30 photos
- Kaunas Intro, 16 reviews, 24 photos, 1 travelogue
- Reykjavík Intro, 10 reviews, 16 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Druskininkai Intro, 6 reviews, 10 photos
- Malmö 2 reviews, 6 photos
- Rundale Intro, 1 review, 6 photos
- Iceland Intro, 6 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Neringa 2 reviews, 4 photos
- Budapest 1 review, 4 photos
No friends yet.