"No, I don't speak the language..." chellediva's Profile
I'm Michelle in MN. I love my Land of 10,000 Lakes and love living in the "Birthplace of America" (re: Kensington Runestone). I am a big Vikings fan. I adore Autumn, in fact, I love having all four seasons. HOWEVER, Superbowl Sunday til Spring Ice-Out is the longest, coldest, slowest time of the year. Could spend endless hours just vegging out in front of the TV...or the computer...usually a combo of the 2.
Got bitten by the travel bug in 9th grade when my Girl Scout troop visited Hawaii. I travelled to California with my HS marching band the following year and then to Mexico (Yucatan) with my Spanish class soon after that. I hit a dry spell there until I went to Las Vegas to stand up for my friend's wedding. I went again the next spring (she'd divorced already) and my love affair with Vegas was in full swing. I think I've been there half a dozen times total, and it will never be enough.
I've just discoverred VT (and addicted already..the first step is admitting it)as I'm planning my next European vacation. Flying from Minneapolis to London, then taking the ferry across and visiting the Netherlands. Afterwards we're driving through Germany to the Romantic Road, and then to Bodensee. We'll stay in Frieburg a few days again like last year. Is it May yet??
It's okay, time flies. I don't want to rush it, because the time I spend ON vacation always moves a million times faster than the time I spend WAITING for vacation!!
I am back home again which always comes with mixed emotions. It's nice to sleep in my own bed again, but I miss thick down comforters I had in almost all my beds in Europe...is this the norm? or was I just lucky? It's nice to have my entire wardrobe to dress from, rather than just what's least wrinkled from the suitcase. However, I have a special affinity for my pink scarf I wore in the rain in Amsterdam, and the khaki cropped pants that never wrinkle or stain that I wore EVERYWHERE! It's nice to have phone service and knowledge of time and date again...but really it's not. I miss being impetuous and unscheduled, eating a picnic snack out of the cooler whenever I feel the munchies, not knowing what new and beautiful village, town, city country I might see the next day. Ohh I miss being on vacation...but it is nice to be back home again.
Flash Forward to 2011- I'm loving being a mama! My gorgeous little girl will be 2 in September and it's been the best adventure I've ever had! I have to admit that my (previously adored) impetuous and unscheduled travel style has had to weather some changes. Diaper time, nap time and lunch time (in that order) have taken precedence, and I guess I'm okay with it. We've only just attempted our first out-of-state car trip and it actually went quite smoothly. Preparation is key, I've learned. I have decided that we'll wait until D is potty trained before travelling overseas, though she's a smart cookie and she'll pick that up quickly. Any tips or hints regarding travelling with a toddler/youngster? Arguments for or warnings against? I'll take it all!
"I wanna hang a map of the world in my house. Then I'm gonna put pins into all the locations I've travelled to. But first I'm gonna have to travel to the top two corners of the map so that it will not fall off the wall." -Mitch Hedberg
Top Travel Pages
Explore the World
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 23 Reviews
- 87 Photos
- 8 Countries
- 13 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
- chellediva and takla73 are now friends.
- Wrote a Review Ice Skating at Noonan's Park in Alexandria Things to Do
- Uploaded a Photo to "Ice Skating at Noonan's Park"
created their Personal Page "Stuff for me"
- Commented on richiecdisc's profile page
- Posted in Travel Madrid Forum "Gelato Place on Gran Via"
- updated a Madrid Travel Page "Espana"
Top 10 Pages
- North Shore Intro, 4 reviews, 11 photos
- Itasca State Park Intro, 2 reviews, 6 photos
- Austria Intro, 1 review, 5 photos
- Alexandria Intro, 4 reviews, 2 photos
- River Falls 1 review, 5 photos
- Owatonna 1 review, 5 photos
- Paris Intro, 1 review, 4 photos
- Madrid Intro, 1 review, 3 photos
- Freiburg im Breisgau 1 review, 2 photos
- Schwangau 1 review, 2 photos
- Paris Hotels
- 22457 Reviews - 54961 Photos
- Dubai Hotels
- 2699 Reviews - 7919 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23314 Reviews - 48908 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15642 Reviews - 31276 Photos
- Manila Hotels
- 2025 Reviews - 4971 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3092 Reviews - 5855 Photos
- Playa del Carmen Hotels
- 780 Reviews - 1749 Photos
- Punta Cana Hotels
- 422 Reviews - 1020 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1933 Reviews - 3724 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 328 Reviews - 894 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 12023 Reviews - 26760 Photos
- Goa Hotels
- 2056 Reviews - 3865 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7828 Reviews - 20233 Photos
- Bangkok Hotels
- 10315 Reviews - 22905 Photos
- Las Vegas Hotels
- 8419 Reviews - 17290 Photos