"Istanbul the Capital of Empires" Top 5 Page for this destination Istanbul Ili by Santini738
Istanbul Ili Travel Guide: 8,513 reviews and 22,548 photos
Do You Know That?
-istanbul is the only city in the world which has spread over two continents (Europe & Asia)
-istanbul has been capital for three emperor's (Roman empire,Byzantium empire and Ottoman empire) for over 2000 years.
-istanbul is one of the first place in the world that the three religions were alltogether with no arguement.You can see a mosque a church and a sinagog at 100 meters distance.
-istanbul is the only city which is divided by a sea (Marmara sea,it is not a lake)
-istanbul is so fascinating that the last prophet Hz.Muhammed said a phrase for it (istanbul must be conquered and the the commander and his soldiers who conquered istanbul are so victorious)
-Napoleon also had a phrase for istanbul in history in one of his meeting that became famous (Who will command istanbul??)
These city walls were built by Byzantium empire against Ottoman empire attacks :)
But Mehmet the Sultan the Conqueror managed to break these walls and won against Byzantium Empire.
After this victory Byzantium empire was no longer in history.
istanbul became a capital of Ottoman Empire.
The Middle Age was Finished.
This Bridge and we have one more bridge just like this one are combining europe to asia.
You should see them in night because they have light show now.
Yıldız Park is a historical, urban park in Beşiktaş district of Istanbul, Turkey. It is one of the... more travel advice
The Topkapı Palace is located at the tip of a spit of land in the European part of Istanbul. It was built on the... more travel advice
Santini738's Related Pages
Istanbul Ili Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "East meets West..... Asia meets Europe!"
- "A neverending poem"
- "Istanbul the Capital of Empires"
- "ISTANBUL HOME SWEET HOME"
- "Istanbul Ili"
- "Hagia Sophia"
- "Istanbul, Turkey"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Istanbul Ili
- Hotels in Istanbul Ili
- Transportation in Istanbul Ili
- Nightlife in Istanbul Ili
- Restaurants in Istanbul Ili
- Shopping in Istanbul Ili
- Warnings and Dangers in Istanbul Ili
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Istanbul Ili
- 20 Reviews
- 83 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Istanbul Ili?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Istanbul Ili
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Istanbul Ili Intro, 20 reviews, 83 photos
- Bangkok Intro, 10 reviews, 37 photos
- Lisbon Intro, 9 reviews, 33 photos
- Saint Petersburg Intro, 7 reviews, 29 photos
- Havana Intro, 8 reviews, 28 photos
- Zagreb Intro, 12 reviews, 23 photos
- Rome Intro, 8 reviews, 26 photos
- Prague Intro, 7 reviews, 21 photos
- Naples Intro, 7 reviews, 19 photos
- Palma de Mallorca Intro, 6 reviews, 18 photos