"Lived in Europe, retired, couldn't stay away" kathymay1's Profile

Before

Jack and I lived in Moscow and Northern Ireland in the 90's. When he retired we came home to Illinois and were happy to be here but missed all of Europe. That was the beginning of 12 great years of travel together. We saw a lot of the US, had a home on the beach in Florida for some winter visits and got to Europe almost every year for a few weeks. We liked to travel by train and a little apartment in Interlaken Switzerland was our favorite. The lady that rented it to us has become a wonderful friend. With most trips we would manage to tack on a few days in Interlaken even if the trip hadn't otherwise included Switzerland.

It was a wonderful time and we never regretted a single trip.

After

This year (2013) I have begun a new chapter in my life and travels. Jack passed away last July and that life we had is over but provides many wonderful memories. This spring I spent two weeks in Amsterdam, Paris, London and The Cotswolds with one of my daughters and it's a different world for me but one that I am learning to appreciate. I plan to travel as long as I can drag my body onto that long haul flight!!

• Intro Written Jun 19, 2013

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!