"TULUM - new paradise" Tulum by tualborn

Tulum Travel Guide: 461 reviews and 1,356 photos

Arriving in Cancun

Another Spirit Airlines special brought us to Cancun, Mexico shortly after a hurricane hit there. We stayed our first night in the downtown area, not on the barrier island strip where all of the tourist hotels were. We went out at night to dinner at Captain Lorenzito's - deep fried LOBSTER yummmmm.
The next morning we drive on beautifully maintained roads to TULUM

Tulum

Copal Paradise Cabanas and Mayan Spa - I highly recommend this eco hotel. There is no electricity, no TV. The cabanas are very primitive with plastic for windows and sand on the floors, hand made wood furniture and a pipe out of the wall serves as a shower. The beach is the BEST I have seen in the world, and I have been MANY places. The hotels is very close to the Mayan Temple ruins. The Mayan Spa is very authentic, and the rituals are cleasing, uplifting and well worth it. My healing massage on the beach by a Mayan princess was great and Daniel went to the steam hut for hours for his cleansing ceremony

The Mayan Ruins at TULUM

Since Daniel is Mexican we did not have to pay to get into the ruins, and we also were able to go to the LOCAL beach there, while tourists were restricted to their own area. The area breathes history and you can feel a presence there, especially in the ocean looking back at the temples, one can imagine all of the activities when people lived there.

At night we went to the Plaza in the puelbo and drank beer and walked around with local chapparittos - the MAYAN decendents.

• Pros:I will never forget TULUM - it is imprinted in my heart
  • In a nutshell:area full of mystery of the past Mayan culture
  • Last visit to Tulum: Nov 2005
  • Intro Written Mar 11, 2007

tualborn

“Indonesia: Saya cinta padamu”

Badges & Stats in Tulum