"TULUM - new paradise" Tulum by tualborn
Tulum Travel Guide: 452 reviews and 1,324 photos
Another Spirit Airlines special brought us to Cancun, Mexico shortly after a hurricane hit there. We stayed our first night in the downtown area, not on the barrier island strip where all of the tourist hotels were. We went out at night to dinner at Captain Lorenzito's - deep fried LOBSTER yummmmm.
The next morning we drive on beautifully maintained roads to TULUM
Copal Paradise Cabanas and Mayan Spa - I highly recommend this eco hotel. There is no electricity, no TV. The cabanas are very primitive with plastic for windows and sand on the floors, hand made wood furniture and a pipe out of the wall serves as a shower. The beach is the BEST I have seen in the world, and I have been MANY places. The hotels is very close to the Mayan Temple ruins. The Mayan Spa is very authentic, and the rituals are cleasing, uplifting and well worth it. My healing massage on the beach by a Mayan princess was great and Daniel went to the steam hut for hours for his cleansing ceremony
Since Daniel is Mexican we did not have to pay to get into the ruins, and we also were able to go to the LOCAL beach there, while tourists were restricted to their own area. The area breathes history and you can feel a presence there, especially in the ocean looking back at the temples, one can imagine all of the activities when people lived there.
At night we went to the Plaza in the puelbo and drank beer and walked around with local chapparittos - the MAYAN decendents.
- Pros:I will never forget TULUM - it is imprinted in my heart
- In a nutshell:area full of mystery of the past Mayan culture
tualborn's Related Pages
Tulum Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Ruins and the Cove of Tulum & Caribbean Sea"
- "TULUM - maya ruins, white beaches and turquise sea"
- "Ahhhhh. The Yucatan"
- "TULUM ---- ESTADO DE QUINTANA ROO"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Tulum
- Hotels in Tulum
- Transportation in Tulum
- Nightlife in Tulum
- Restaurants in Tulum
- Shopping in Tulum
- Warnings and Dangers in Tulum
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Tulum
- 0 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Tulum?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Tulum
Top 10 Pages
- Miami Intro, 1 review, 12 photos, 1 travelogue
- Beijing Intro, 6 reviews, 5 photos
- Amsterdam Intro, 1 review, 6 photos
- Oahu Intro, 1 review, 4 photos
- Edinburgh Intro, 1 review, 3 photos
- Rome Intro, 3 photos
- Georgia Intro, 3 photos
- Barcelona Intro, 3 photos
- Puerto Rico Intro, 3 photos
- Punta Cana Intro, 3 photos
No friends yet.