"Messina, Sicily" Messina by tualborn
Messina Travel Guide: 92 reviews and 205 photos
Having been to Palermo several times with cruise ships, this was my first time in Messina, a cruise stop on our Carnival MAGIC ship. First place we stopped was Duomo Square, and soon walked to a very old looking pottery shop. Bought some of the wall pottery. Did NOT go on the Godfather tour, like all the other tourists from the cruise.
A museum with the most gorgeous gold art. The portrait of the black Virgin is displayed as well as a wall hanging with the millions of pieces of jewerly donated to the Church over the centuries is displayed in a case as well.
Touring any city in Europe is great, but one quickly gets tired of the walking. Luckily almost on every corner is the proverbial "coffee shop"...me for the coffee the hubby for the beer and bathroom.....
- Pros:Interesting comparison with Palermo
- Cons:Kind of a cold standoffish city
tualborn's Related Pages
Messina Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Messina and surroundings"
- "Enter Sicily via Messina"
- "A broken day trip"
- "The forgotten corner of Sicily"
- "Mt Etna"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Messina
- Hotels in Messina
- Transportation in Messina
- Nightlife in Messina
- Restaurants in Messina
- Shopping in Messina
- Warnings and Dangers in Messina
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Messina
- 0 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Messina?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Messina
Top 10 Pages
- Miami Intro, 1 review, 12 photos, 1 travelogue
- Beijing Intro, 6 reviews, 5 photos
- Amsterdam Intro, 1 review, 6 photos
- Oahu Intro, 1 review, 4 photos
- Edinburgh Intro, 1 review, 3 photos
- Rome Intro, 3 photos
- Georgia Intro, 3 photos
- Barcelona Intro, 3 photos
- Puerto Rico Intro, 3 photos
- Honolulu Intro, 3 photos
No friends yet.