"Gordonvale the place to unwind." Gordonvale by tropicrd
Gordonvale Travel Guide: 7 reviews and 22 photos
Gordonvale is a sleepy town approx 20klm south of Cairns.It is situated along the Musgrave River and basically at the base of The Pyramid mountain that is famous for its annual race up the mountain and draws some big names in mountain running sport.
It has a sugar cane mill,quite a few pubs and cafes,a golf course which attracts wallaby's and a heritage walk that has the history of the area in mosaic plaques embedded in the footpaths.
We often stop off and have a coffee at the Florist/gift shop and coffee shop combined.It really is a serene place to get off the main highway for a break.
You can find more pictures and information regarding Gordonvale in State of Queensland travel pages (off the beaten track & things to do)
This is a very nice place to unwind for morning or afternoon tea.
The olde world china makes it a special occasion each time you go there.
The owner is a pleasant person who will welcome you like you are a long lost friend,take time out to have a look at some of the locally made gifts and the pictures on the walls.
A wonderful alternative to the bigger towns.
The sugar cane is ready to harvest--the cane trains will haul it to the mill.
These little trains are being replaced to haul the cane by road trucks.
I love seeing the trains in action and will be sad to see them leave.
- Pros:A great place to unwind off the main highway
- Cons:Busy in the cane crushing season.
- In a nutshell:A rural place to unwind.
If you want to know about Gordonvale and the history of a town built around the sugar industry,then stroll around the... more travel advice
After dark I suggest you stay away from the banks of the Mulgrave river at the Green Patch,some of the locals use this... more travel advice
tropicrd's Related Pages
Gordonvale Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Gordonvale
- 5 Reviews
- 19 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (16)
Have you been to Gordonvale?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Gordonvale
Photos in GordonvaleSee All Photos (19)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cairns Intro, 123 reviews, 461 photos, 3 travelogues
- State of Tasmania Intro, 10 reviews, 53 photos
- Brisbane Intro, 9 reviews, 39 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Maryborough Intro, 10 reviews, 38 photos
- Mareeba Intro, 8 reviews, 35 photos
- Australia Intro, 7 reviews, 22 photos, 2 travelogues
- State of Queensland Intro, 6 reviews, 22 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cape Tribulation Intro, 5 reviews, 21 photos
- Gordonvale Intro, 5 reviews, 19 photos
- Mooloolaba Intro, 1 review, 16 photos, 1 travelogue