"Kuranda,village in the Rainforest" Top 5 Page for this destination Kuranda by tropicrd
Kuranda Travel Guide: 65 reviews and 191 photos
Kuranda is a nice place to stroll around.
It is a popular tourist destination bringing visitors up and over the Kuranda Range via the Scenic Train,the Skyrail or by road.Whatever way you come it is a nice place to relax.
If you arrive by train or skyrail you can catch the free shuttle bus up to the top end of the main street where the heritage markets are and you can then stroll back down taking your time to look at the shops and stop off for a bite to eat or a drink.
The station is really lovely with lots of rainforest and tropical plants so get there early to have a look.
The ticket office at Kuranda railway station has a delightful olde world charm.
Beautifully kept station.
- Pros:Delightful rainforest village
- Cons:Not enough locally made arts & crafts
- In a nutshell:A modern rainforest village
The motorbike expo has become a popular annual event in Kuranda and gives owners the opportunity to showcase their... more travel advice
Speewah is just up the road from Kuranda (the village in the rainforest) and is often overlooked as a tourist... more travel advice
tropicrd's Related Pages
Kuranda Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Village of Kuranda"
- "Kuranda in the Cairns Rainforest"
- "Just enjoy the atmosphere of Kuranda"
- "Kuranda,village in the Rainforest"
- "Rainforest and Skyrail"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Kuranda
- Hotels in Kuranda
- Transportation in Kuranda
- Restaurants in Kuranda
- Warnings and Dangers in Kuranda
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Kuranda
- 5 Reviews
- 21 Photos
- 2 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (19)
Have you been to Kuranda?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kuranda
Photos in KurandaSee All Photos (21)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cairns Intro, 126 reviews, 475 photos, 3 travelogues
- State of Western Australia Intro, 13 reviews, 66 photos, 1 travelogue
- State of Tasmania Intro, 10 reviews, 53 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Albany Intro, 8 reviews, 44 photos, 6 travelogues
- Brisbane Intro, 9 reviews, 39 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Maryborough Intro, 10 reviews, 38 photos
- Mareeba Intro, 8 reviews, 35 photos
- Australia Intro, 7 reviews, 22 photos, 2 travelogues
- State of Queensland Intro, 6 reviews, 22 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kuranda Intro, 5 reviews, 21 photos