"Friendly Nambour" Top 5 Page for this destination Nambour by tropicrd
Nambour Travel Guide: 16 reviews and 64 photos
Gosh,I loved Nambour,and spent four days at the Koala Welcome Inn which was a lovely old homestead.It was a great home-base to explore the Sunshine Coast.This motel was off the main highway and we found it to be a haven after driving from Ballina NSW.It was very hot and humid in August.
We visited all the local attractions including the Big Pineapple,Macadamia factory where we had our first taste of macadamia ice-cream,our children loved the Sunshine waterslide which was 80 ft long with dips and curves and I remember we laughed so much seeing them come down the mountain side.
We explored all the beautiful townships up in the hinterland--places such as Malaney,Mapleton etc.We were very impressed with the views overlooking the Sunshine Coast from Dulong Lookout. Kondililla National Park where the birds love to call to each other was just fabulous and for bird watchers a real treat.We stopped off at Gerard Lookout that has an incredible view of the Glasshouse Mountains.
I have been back here in the 90's but that's another story.
We referred to Nambour as Nambour town and we had some terrific meals at the Commercial Hotel that served country style food.It was only a small township back then but we will never forget the hospitality to our children and us.The owner took my son frog hunting,it was a time of trusting your fellow man.
I have loads of photo's in storage but it is a matter of finding them to upload.
Back in 1980 this waterslide was considered to be extreme.
- Pros:So much to see and do,you won't be bored.
- Cons:Very hot and humid
- In a nutshell:Create your own travel memories.
Whatever you do please take the time and look at the views over the Sunshine Coast. Nambour is such a nice place to... more travel advice
tropicrd's Related Pages
Nambour Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Nambour 2011...I always liked this town"
- "Friendly Nambour"
- "Nambour...quite close"
- "Once a Country Town"
- "Sweetberry's Nambour Page"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Nambour
- 2 Reviews
- 5 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (20)
Have you been to Nambour?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Nambour
Photos in NambourSee All Photos (5)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cairns Intro, 132 reviews, 499 photos, 4 travelogues
- State of Western Australia Intro, 13 reviews, 66 photos, 1 travelogue
- State of Tasmania Intro, 10 reviews, 53 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Albany Intro, 8 reviews, 44 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cape Tribulation Intro, 8 reviews, 44 photos, 3 travelogues
- Brisbane Intro, 9 reviews, 39 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Maryborough Intro, 10 reviews, 38 photos
- Mareeba Intro, 9 reviews, 36 photos
- Australia Intro, 7 reviews, 22 photos, 2 travelogues
- State of Queensland Intro, 6 reviews, 22 photos, 1 travelogue