"Friendly Nambour" Top 5 Page for this destination Nambour by tropicrd

Nambour Travel Guide: 16 reviews and 64 photos

Nambour from my 1980 travel diary

Gosh,I loved Nambour,and spent four days at the Koala Welcome Inn which was a lovely old homestead.It was a great home-base to explore the Sunshine Coast.This motel was off the main highway and we found it to be a haven after driving from Ballina NSW.It was very hot and humid in August.
We visited all the local attractions including the Big Pineapple,Macadamia factory where we had our first taste of macadamia ice-cream,our children loved the Sunshine waterslide which was 80 ft long with dips and curves and I remember we laughed so much seeing them come down the mountain side.
We explored all the beautiful townships up in the hinterland--places such as Malaney,Mapleton etc.We were very impressed with the views overlooking the Sunshine Coast from Dulong Lookout. Kondililla National Park where the birds love to call to each other was just fabulous and for bird watchers a real treat.We stopped off at Gerard Lookout that has an incredible view of the Glasshouse Mountains.
I have been back here in the 90's but that's another story.

Nambour the friendly town.

We referred to Nambour as Nambour town and we had some terrific meals at the Commercial Hotel that served country style food.It was only a small township back then but we will never forget the hospitality to our children and us.The owner took my son frog hunting,it was a time of trusting your fellow man.
I have loads of photo's in storage but it is a matter of finding them to upload.

The Sunshine waterslide in 1980

Back in 1980 this waterslide was considered to be extreme.

• Pros:So much to see and do,you won't be bored.
  • Cons:Very hot and humid
  • In a nutshell:Create your own travel memories.
  • Last visit to Nambour: Aug 1980
  • Intro Updated Sep 29, 2011

tropicrd

“experience all things in life”

Badges & Stats in Nambour

Have you been to Nambour?

Latest Activity in Nambour