"The Original New York Playground" Coney Island by machomikemd
Coney Island Travel Guide: 9 reviews and 60 photos
coney island boardwalk was once the premiere destination of new yorkers in the 19th century due to it's proximity and the easy accesibility of it's beaches to manhattan.
The Coney island subway stop is a huge area because in the early 1900's, it catered to a large crowd that came from the nearby areas who want to savor the amusement park and the huge boardwalk of coney island and also to swim at the beaches.
Nathan's is now world famous New York Hotdog institution and is a Coney island landmark, they also sponsor the Nathan's worldw famous hotdog eating contest once a year.
- Pros:New York's Historic Amusement Capital
- Cons:Eclipsed by other areas
- In a nutshell:World Famous
Final Part of my boardwalk tips again with more pictures. The Iconic Coney Island Boardwalk was the Standard in... more travel advice
this will be a two part tip with more pictures around the area. The Iconic Coney Island Boardwalk was the Standard in... more travel advice
machomikemd's Related Pages
Coney Island Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Jumping Around Coney Island!"
- "The Original New York Playground"
- "Coney Island, though not really an Island!"
- "Coney Island"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Coney Island
- Transportation in Coney Island
- Restaurants in Coney Island
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Coney Island
- 7 Reviews
- 38 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (42)
Have you been to Coney Island?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Coney Island
Photos in Coney IslandSee All Photos (38)
Top 10 Pages
- Bangkok Intro, 302 reviews, 1539 photos, 2 travelogues
- San Francisco Intro, 260 reviews, 1398 photos, 11 travelogues
- Dubai Intro, 261 reviews, 1323 photos
- Ho Chi Minh City Intro, 233 reviews, 1153 photos
- Manila Intro, 230 reviews, 1009 photos, 3 travelogues
- Las Vegas Intro, 191 reviews, 1003 photos, 6 travelogues
- Khett Siem Reab Intro, 180 reviews, 902 photos
- Guam Intro, 175 reviews, 888 photos
- Tokyo Intro, 167 reviews, 873 photos, 4 travelogues
- Makati Intro, 160 reviews, 868 photos