Cape Neddick Nubble Things to Do Tips by machomikemd
Cape Neddick Nubble Things to Do: 5 reviews and 17 photos
the long beach is in York Beach which Cape Neddick Nubble is Actually Part of (the other beaches are short beach and Harbor Beach, which are contigous with the long beach along the long beache avenue area). this is a long sandy beach with designated surfing area. Metered parking is available along Route 1A for the entire length of beach. Restrooms available at the Bathhouse near Oceanside Ave. There are Local Lifeguards on duty from the end of June to Labor Day every year. Maine is known more for it's Light Houses and Rocky Beaches but here in the Yorks, these are fine gray sand beaches that can be packed during summer and late spring.
Address: Long Beach Ave, York, ME 03909, USA
Directions: from the Maine Turnpike if you're headed north, take the York exit and follow Route 1A through York Village and York Harbor, past Long Beach.
Phone: (207) 363 1040
the Sohier Park is very small park along the Coast of York in Maine but is one of the most visited in Maine due to it's unique location as the stepping stone to post card perfect views of the Cape Neddick and the Nubble Light House and Panoramic Views of the Long Beach area of York Town. The park also provides free parking year-round, benches, restrooms, a telescope, and a small seasonal gift shop. Daily hours are posted at the park entrance. If it is time for a bite to eat while you are sightseeing at the Nubble, Fox's Lobster House Restaurant, open seasonally, is nearby (see my separate tips for each).
Address: Nubble Road, York, ME 03909
Directions: follow Route 1A north along Long Sands Beach. At the end of the beach look for a right-hand turn onto Nubble Road. This road leads directly to Sohier Park Road and the lighthouse viewing area.
The Nubble Light House has one rich history in the Maine Coast (which has a reputation for historic lighthouses numbering about 60 dotting it's coasts) but at present is not accesible to visitors. The Nubble light House is a major stop for people who go on a tour of Maine in General and southern main in Particular. The best place to view the Lighthouse is at the nearby Sohier State Park where parking is free. Built in 1879, Cape Neddick is the southernmost of Maine's many lighthouses. It is also called Nubble Light, refering to the barren rocky island (Nubble) on which it sits, just off shore. The 41 foot tower is constructed of cast iron plates lined with brick. Cape Neddick's fourth-order lens flashes red every six seconds, and is visible for 13 miles.The Nubble Light has probably appeared on more postcards, calendars, and other souvenirs than any other New England lighthouse
Address: NUBBLE Road, Cape Neddick York, ME 03909
Directions: NUBBLE Road, Cape Neddick York, ME 03909
Phone: (207) 363-1040
More Reviews (4)
machomikemd's Related Pages
Cape Neddick Nubble Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Nubble Light"
- "One of the Famous Lighthouses of Maine"
- "Nubble Light"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Cape Neddick Nubble
- Restaurants in Cape Neddick Nubble
- Shopping in Cape Neddick Nubble
- Warnings and Dangers in Cape Neddick Nubble
- See All...
Explore the World
- Marbella Hotels
- Caraíva Hotels
- Dalmatia - Split Region
- Muslim Town Hotels
- Poznan Hotels
Badges & Stats in Cape Neddick Nubble
- 7 Reviews
- 31 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Cape Neddick Nubble?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Cape Neddick Nubble
- Posted in Travel San Francisco Forum "Re: Philippines community in San..."
- Wrote a Review Nubble Light Shot Glasses in Cape Neddick Nubble Off The Beaten Path
- Uploaded a Photo to "Nubble Light Shot Glasses"
- Uploaded a Video to Cape Neddick Nubble
- created a Cape Neddick Nubble Travel Page "One of the Famous Lighthouses of Maine"
Videos in Cape Neddick NubbleSee All Videos (2)
Top 10 Pages
- San Francisco Intro, 250 reviews, 1316 photos, 7 travelogues
- Bangkok Intro, 251 reviews, 1274 photos, 2 travelogues
- Ho Chi Minh City Intro, 233 reviews, 1153 photos
- Las Vegas Intro, 191 reviews, 1004 photos, 6 travelogues
- Khett Siem Reab Intro, 180 reviews, 902 photos
- Guam Intro, 175 reviews, 888 photos
- Tokyo Intro, 167 reviews, 873 photos, 4 travelogues
- Manila Intro, 173 reviews, 691 photos, 2 travelogues
- Singapore Intro, 135 reviews, 719 photos, 4 travelogues
- Beijing Intro, 132 reviews, 711 photos, 6 travelogues