Tagbilaran City Restaurant Tips by machomikemd
Tagbilaran City Restaurants: 3 reviews and 5 photos
The Cafe has the distinction of Having Deaf/Mute Servers and Busboys as the restaurant was a project of an International Non Government Organization (NGO) called IDEA which is a foundation for International Deaf Mutes. The Restaurant is already 24 years and still is gloing strong. The Restaurant ambiance is good ole western style cowboy appeal and the meals here is international selection of Meals, mostly filipino and chinese and american like burgers and fries, beef stews, ceviches, steaks, humba, sinigang and a lot more.
Opens: 10:00 am to 10:00 pm everyday
according to their website:
Garden Cafe is located in the heart of Tagbilaran City which is
the capital of the island of Bohol in the Philippines. Over the past 24 years of
operation, it has become a regular landmark in this city of nearly 200,000 persons.
Most of the employees are Deaf and the restaurant is owned and operated by Bohol
Foundation for the Deaf and Disabled, a close working partner with IDEA. Considered
an upscale restaurant, the air conditioned two story building looks very contemporary
from the outside but holds a surprise for visitors on the inside.
Garden Cafe is actually an American Old West Restaurant / Museum.
George Dennis Drake, the creator, says that Filipinos have a difficult time getting
out to visit other countries and other cultures so he decided to bring Montana to
them. Drake is from Montana. All of the authentic antiques displayed in the Garden
Cafe are from his family and friends back in Billings, Montana.
The food at the Garden Cafe is wonderful with the most extensive
menu in the province. European, American, Chinese, and Filipino dishes blend together
to meet the likes of all customers.
The upstairs houses the restaurant /museum portion. Not only does
it have a true Old West atmosphere but it even has mounted horse saddles that customers
can climb on and take a ride. Country music fills the air and a customer truly feels
they are not in the Philippines anymore. It is like a mini vacation for the locals.
Favorite Dish: burgers and fries here cost 240 pesos an order, local sizzling steaks at 250 to 300 pesos an order, camaron rebosado at 280 pesos an order, chopsuey at 270 pesos an order, beef stew at 340 pesos an order and a lot more.
Address: Celestino Gallare Street, Tagbilaran City, Bohol
Price Comparison: about average
Directions: Celestino Gallare Street, Tagbilaran City, Bohol Province, Philippines
Phone: +63 (38) 411 3701
Price: less than US$10
More Reviews (23)
machomikemd's Related Pages
Tagbilaran City Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "TAGBILARAN CITY"
- "Excursion around Bohol Island"
- "Tagbilaran City ~ Gateway to Bohol"
- "Gateway to Bohol Province"
- "Tagbilaran City, Tourism Gateway to Bohol"
- "So much to explore! I love Bohol!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Tagbilaran City
- Hotels in Tagbilaran City
- Transportation in Tagbilaran City
- Nightlife in Tagbilaran City
- Restaurants in Tagbilaran City
- Shopping in Tagbilaran City
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Tagbilaran City
- 24 Reviews
- 61 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (72)
Have you been to Tagbilaran City?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Tagbilaran City
Photos in Tagbilaran CitySee All Photos (61)
Videos in Tagbilaran CitySee All Videos (2)
Top 10 Pages
- Bangkok Intro, 302 reviews, 1539 photos, 2 travelogues
- San Francisco Intro, 260 reviews, 1398 photos, 11 travelogues
- Dubai Intro, 261 reviews, 1323 photos
- Ho Chi Minh City Intro, 233 reviews, 1153 photos
- Manila Intro, 234 reviews, 1029 photos, 3 travelogues
- London Intro, 196 reviews, 1033 photos, 6 travelogues
- Las Vegas Intro, 191 reviews, 1003 photos, 6 travelogues
- Khett Siem Reab Intro, 180 reviews, 902 photos
- Guam Intro, 175 reviews, 888 photos
- Tokyo Intro, 167 reviews, 873 photos, 4 travelogues