"End of Ho Chi Minh trail & part of Iron Triangle!" Cu Chi by machomikemd
Cu Chi Travel Guide: 95 reviews and 571 photos
This was part of the Famed Iron Triangle of the vietnam War where the VC Guerillas and Regular North Vietnam Army would hide and attack the American and ARVN Troops (former south vietnam army troops). Located at the end of the famous Ho Chi Minh Trail that stretches from North Vietnam to Laos and Cambodia.
the VC devised a clever number of human traps for american and ARVN soldiers, an example is in the picture. They were design more to injure, not to kill, as to destroy american public morale and were fairly successsful too! Necessity is really the Mother of Invention.
Cu Chi Tunnels is just a small part of the 250 kilometer of tunnels and underground bunkers of the VC and North Vietnamese Regular Army, which stretches into Cambodia. the tunnels were enlarged and removed of traps and mines and converted into a tourist destination!
- Pros:View the Typical Life of a VC
- Cons:too commercialized
- In a nutshell:Truly a Marvel in Modern Warfare!
you can walk in an enlarged tunnel in the Cu Chi Tunnel area and the tunnel runs for 50 meters in all with several side... more travel advice
part two of my tips with more pictures Walking around the complex, you will be shown many kinds of tunnel entrances and... more travel advice
machomikemd's Related Pages
Cu Chi Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "a system of Vietcong-tunnels"
- "Cu Chi Tunnel"
- "The tunnels of Cu Chi"
- "Underground warfare in the Cu Chi Tunnels"
- "CU CHI"
- "Cu Chi - a place of much history and hardship"
- "Cu CHi Tunnel"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Cu Chi
- Transportation in Cu Chi
- Restaurants in Cu Chi
- Shopping in Cu Chi
- Warnings and Dangers in Cu Chi
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Cu Chi
- 32 Reviews
- 291 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (72)
Have you been to Cu Chi?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Cu Chi
- updated a Cu Chi Travel Page "End of Ho Chi Minh trail & part of Iron Triangle!"
- Posted in Travel Abu Dhabi Forum "Re: Friend Stopping Over For a..."
- Uploaded a Photo to "More Rice Paper Making Pictures"
- Wrote a Review Walk inside a Tunnel in Cu Chi Favorites
- Uploaded a Video to Cu Chi
- Commented on one of muddybok's Cu Chi travel pages
Photos in Cu ChiSee All Photos (291)
Videos in Cu ChiSee All Videos (5)
Top 10 Pages
- Bangkok Intro, 302 reviews, 1539 photos, 2 travelogues
- San Francisco Intro, 260 reviews, 1398 photos, 11 travelogues
- Dubai Intro, 261 reviews, 1323 photos
- Ho Chi Minh City Intro, 233 reviews, 1153 photos
- Manila Intro, 234 reviews, 1029 photos, 3 travelogues
- London Intro, 196 reviews, 1033 photos, 6 travelogues
- Las Vegas Intro, 191 reviews, 1003 photos, 6 travelogues
- Khett Siem Reab Intro, 180 reviews, 902 photos
- Guam Intro, 175 reviews, 888 photos
- Tokyo Intro, 167 reviews, 873 photos, 4 travelogues