"Former US Airforce Base, Now a Duty Free Port" Camp Clark by machomikemd
Camp Clark Travel Guide: 60 reviews and 346 photos
After the US Airforce Left in 1992 when the US Bases were phased out, Clark Airbase was looted and even the proverbial "kitchen sink" was taken. Slowly but surely, the Area was developed into a free port zone and is now the second official gateway to the Philippines and business is booming with a number of Duty Free Shops and other Commercial Establishments, Resorts and Casinos opened in the Area.
Clark has two major golf courses straddling the Mimosa Leisure Estate and the Fontana Estate.
the iconic "Salakot" (big hat) entrance to Clark, it is now converted into a big Veranda.
- Pros:Now the Budget Airline Center of the Philippines
- Cons:poor tranportation network to Manila
- In a nutshell:Future Main Airport
the lazer river ride is a 500 meter long pool that criss crosses the whole area and it has many wave making currents... more travel advice
the fontana water park has a star attraction in the three aqua thrill slides which can be reached by a flight of stairs... more travel advice
- See All Main Dining Area of the Mimosa Clubhouse
- The Main Bar of Mimosa Resort
- Famous local Chain with a Duty Free Shop
- See All Mimosa Resort Main Club House
machomikemd's Related Pages
Camp Clark Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "CLARK, ANGELES"
- "Former American Playground"
- "Former US Airforce Base, Now a Duty Free Port"
- "Clark Museum"
- "Clark, Province of Pampanga"
- "My Favorite Breakfast Getaway!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Camp Clark
- Hotels in Camp Clark
- Transportation in Camp Clark
- Nightlife in Camp Clark
- Restaurants in Camp Clark
- Shopping in Camp Clark
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Camp Clark
- 31 Reviews
- 190 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (42)
Have you been to Camp Clark?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Camp Clark
- Posted in Travel Dubai Forum "Re: Travel to Ferrari World from..."
- Uploaded a Photo to "Fontana Water Park (Lazy River)"
- Wrote a Review Fontana Water Park (Lazy River) in Camp Clark Things to Do
- Uploaded a Video to Camp Clark
- updated a Camp Clark Travel Page "Former US Airforce Base, Now a Duty Free Port"
Videos in Camp ClarkSee All Videos (2)
Top 10 Pages
- Bangkok Intro, 302 reviews, 1539 photos, 2 travelogues
- San Francisco Intro, 260 reviews, 1398 photos, 11 travelogues
- Dubai Intro, 261 reviews, 1323 photos
- Ho Chi Minh City Intro, 233 reviews, 1153 photos
- Manila Intro, 230 reviews, 1009 photos, 3 travelogues
- Las Vegas Intro, 191 reviews, 1003 photos, 6 travelogues
- Khett Siem Reab Intro, 180 reviews, 902 photos
- Guam Intro, 175 reviews, 888 photos
- Tokyo Intro, 167 reviews, 873 photos, 4 travelogues
- Makati Intro, 160 reviews, 868 photos