"Southeast Asia's Largest Lake" Top 5 Page for this destination Phumi Tonle Sab by machomikemd
Phumi Tonle Sab Travel Guide: 91 reviews and 325 photos
Tonle Sap Lake is the largest freshwater lake in south east asia that occupies 2,000 square kilometers during the dry season and 4,000 square kilometers in the wet season and is located just 8 kilometers south of siem reap
althought the Mighty Mekong River runs into Cambodia, Cambodians catch more freshwater fish here at the tonle sap lake.
there are many floating villages lying in the vicinity of the Tonle Sap Lake and these villages usually change locations and lie close to the shore during the rainy season as the waters of the tonle sap rises 4 meters on average. the villages have their own schools, police station, stores, temples and more
- Pros:Largest Lake of South East Asia
- Cons:not much else to do
- In a nutshell:Main Source of Freshwater Fish of Cambodia
Part two of my off the beaten path tips on Chnong Keas Daily Scenes this off the beaten path tip is a compilation of... more travel advice
Catfish is one of the major fishes that you can catch at the huge tonle sap lake besides another favorite local fish,... more travel advice
machomikemd's Related Pages
Phumi Tonle Sab Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Tonle Sab"
- "Wetlands of Tonle Sab"
- "Imagine This!"
- "Life along Tonle Sap..."
- "Southeast Asia's Largest Lake"
- "Tonle Sap Lake."
- "Tonle Sap Lake"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Phumi Tonle Sab
- Transportation in Phumi Tonle Sab
- Shopping in Phumi Tonle Sab
- Warnings and Dangers in Phumi Tonle Sab
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Phumi Tonle Sab
- 26 Reviews
- 133 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Phumi Tonle Sab?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Phumi Tonle Sab
- Posted in Travel Osaka Forum "Re: How much is the cost of living"
- Uploaded a Video to Phumi Tonle Sab
- Uploaded a Photo to "Chnong Keas Daily Scenes 2"
- Wrote a Review Chnong Keas Daily Scenes 2 in Phumi Tonle Sab Off The Beaten Path
- created a Phumi Tonle Sab Travel Page "Southeast Asia's Largest Lake"
Photos in Phumi Tonle SabSee All Photos (133)
Videos in Phumi Tonle SabSee All Videos (2)
Top 10 Pages
- Bangkok Intro, 302 reviews, 1539 photos, 2 travelogues
- San Francisco Intro, 258 reviews, 1388 photos, 11 travelogues
- Dubai Intro, 262 reviews, 1328 photos
- Ho Chi Minh City Intro, 233 reviews, 1153 photos
- Las Vegas Intro, 191 reviews, 1004 photos, 6 travelogues
- Khett Siem Reab Intro, 180 reviews, 902 photos
- Guam Intro, 175 reviews, 888 photos
- Tokyo Intro, 167 reviews, 873 photos, 4 travelogues
- Manila Intro, 189 reviews, 799 photos, 3 travelogues
- Jerusalem Intro, 150 reviews, 817 photos, 8 travelogues