"The Travelbug" machomikemd's Profile

Macau with my Brother in 1990

This Picture was taken in 1990, it was my first time in macau, We were staying at Golden Mile Holiday Inn in Nathan Road, hong kong for a shopping spree when we decided to have a Day Tour into Macau. My brother had a dog chain here since he almost got lost in Landmark department store in Central, Hong Kong. Changes on this picture to the present. The Bay before Hotel Lisboa is Now the Location of the Macau Tower. Hotel Lisboa is not at the seaside anymore. Macau had increased it's land area by 15% by reclamation from when this picture was taken to the present.

again more macau pictures and videos at my macau page since I've been to Macau in may 2009

Beijing, China

Mao Zedong, the great leader of the People's Republic of china once said that If you don't visit the Great Wall of China at least once then you know nothing, well Thanks for the advice now I have been to the famed Great Wall which is judged one of the 7 wonders of The World and the only object you see from outer space in the Earth. I enjoyed my 1 week soujourn at the Middle Kingdom.

Yokoso Japan 2009

Back on a return sojourn to japan for 6 days to revisit some old sites like tokyo disney, mount fuji and downtown tokyo but moreso to go back to akihabara to experience the maid kissaten cafe craze in japan and I was soo fun heheheh.

Viva Mexico!

This was taken in Ensenada, mexico, which was a side tour from san diego, where I have relatives in the Coronado area. They toured me here and I finally tasted authentic Mexican Taco, Nacho, Tortilla, Tequila and A Type of Mango they called Manila Mango, which was originally from the philippines but was exported here during the Manila-Acapulco Galleon Trade in the 17th Century. It was cross bred and produced ataulfo mango, they renamed it manila mango, however the Philippine carabao Mango was judged the sweetest mango in 1995 by the Guiness Book of World Records!

A Revisit to Singapore in 2011

A Singapore Revisit in April, my first time there was in 1984, and my second time was in 1999 however I cannot find my photo album of my trip then. Huhuhu. Singapore is a fun place but it tends to be expensive there. My favorite place is the Hawker Center at Lau Pa Sat wherein you can get cheap roti canai, tarik iced tea, hainanese chicken curry, kaya toast, mee goreng, fish head curry, bah kuh teh, char kwei toey, chili crab, soto ayam, laksa, nasi padang, chendol, iced kacang, gula melaka, etc.

Hong Kong with Friends!

Hong Kong is my favorite playground then. It is just about 2 hours plane ride from the philippines. Since I know someone in the airline company, I get huge discounts then. (unfortunately not at present). We all ways go there at least once in 2 years and shop around nathan road, stanley, Mong Kok, kowloon tong, Central, Causeway Bay, Tsim Sha Tsui East. Last time I went there was in december 2006 to see the smallest disneyland! it was expensive since there are only 25 rides in HK disney unlike the 46 rides in Tokyo, 60 in La, 58 in Orlando and 50 in Euro disney. No Pirates of the Carribean Ride! No Star Tours! No Shrek 4d! No Great Western Railroad! No Haunted Mansion! No Indiana Jones Temple of Doom! No It's A Small World Ride! No Finding Nemo Ride! enough of the Rants hehe. Chep Lak Kok airport in Lantau Island was truly Impressive as it is huge and it dwarf's the old Kai Tak Airport in Kowloon peninsula. Ngong ping 360 was a new ride in Lantau and was a nice ride. last time I was in lantau in 1995 I had to take an outlying island ferry to silvermine bay.

see more updated pictures and videos on my hong kong pages since I've just been to Hongkong Again in May 2009

Living in San Francisco

San Francisco is the Most Cosmopolitan City in the United States!, It is also the most visited City in the United States beating New York City (46 versus 44 million foreign visitors). The weather is temperate all year round but it never snows in Frisco! that's why San Franciscans go to the Sierra Nevada Mountains or Reno or Lake Tahoe to catch snow via the Interstate 80 (and off course to gamble since gambling is legal in Nevada and you can catch a bus going to reno for 35 Dollars called the Lucky Tours in Mission st. wherein they refund you 20 dollars at the casinos, the company also owns lucky chances casino in Colma where you can bet card games only since slot machines are banned in california. The company is owned by a filipino-american. But Recently, Reno has lost it's Luster due to high gas prices and competition from Indian Reservation Casinos of Thunder Valley and Cache Creek which is just an hour drive away from the city. My first Visit here was in 1989. My Favorite Hang Outs is the Thirsty Bear Bar, Wish Bar and View Lounge Marriott Marquis, all in SOMA and eating at House of Prime Rib in Van Ness or Morton's Steakhouse at Post or at Tad's Steakhouse in Powell street and 5A5 Steak Lounge in Jackson Street in Embarcadero. Watching Movies at Metreon and Hanging out at golden gate park. If you want factory outlet shopping then I go to Petaluma outlet shops in Napa or in Gilroy down south since factory outlets here in the states are really located in the exurbs about 1 to 2 hour drive from cities. An exception will be in Altlantic City New Jersey wherein the factory outlet shops are located DOWNTOWN!.

Toronto, Canada

Toronto is about a 1 1/2 hour drive from Niagara falls in St. Catherines Ontario using Queensway Expressway and then Proceeding the Gardiner Expressway. We came from Niagara falls New York Side using the Rainbow bridge. The CN Tower is in a Big Complex in Toronto wherein other Major Landmarks are located like the Roger's Center (formerly the Toronto Skydome) and Air Canada Center. 1 day is not enought to tour toronto however i only got a day here since I'm on a tight schedule. I was eating a Canadian Prime Rib Steak (very expensive at 60 Canadian Dollars (about 57 USD) at the 360 restaurant in this picture overlooking Lake Ontario. The retaurant revolves 360 degrees every 30 minutes hence the different views every 30 minutes in the tower.

• Intro Updated Mar 10, 2012

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!
machomikemd's Profile Photo

machomikemd

“Travel, Eat and Experience New Cultures!”

Real Name