"The land of ice and snow" Ironwood by CptCrunch767
Ironwood Travel Guide: 11 reviews and 25 photos
some of the best snowmobiling in the midwest with an average of 300-400 inches of snow a year. also makes for some of the best snowboarding/skiing in the midwest. Powder horn, Blackjack, and indian head are all along the same road 5-10 miles seperates one from the other.
because of this people here shovel off their roofs and even use snowblowers on their roofs otherwise the weight of the snow will cause them to colapse. all of this snow is dirived from lake effect off lake superior, which is the coldest deepest lake in north america, it has so much volume that it could fit all the other great lakes in it plus lake erie and huron again!
in the summer there are many lakes rivers and streams to explore. many of which produce spectacular falls, such as copper falls, black river falls, montreal falls, and many others
there are also a few great places to eat here as i will discuss later
Indianhead also has lodging right on the slopes which is really cool, wake up put on your gear and ride down the hill,... more travel advice
this place has a bar area as soon as you walk in, then seating past the hostess station. the best food around the area... more travel advice
CptCrunch767's Related Pages
Ironwood Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "a_up_chic's new Ironwood Page"
- "The land of ice and snow"
- "Depressed town in the Gogebic Iron Range"
- "Reino_Rannala's new Ironwood Page"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Ironwood
- 4 Reviews
- 16 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Ironwood?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Ironwood
Photos in IronwoodSee All Photos (16)
Top 10 Pages
- Breckenridge Intro, 7 reviews, 20 photos
- Ironwood Intro, 4 reviews, 16 photos
- Gulf Shores Intro, 2 reviews, 11 photos
- Isla de Roatán 2 reviews, 8 photos
- Venice Intro, 1 review, 6 photos
- Chicago Intro, 1 review, 6 photos
- Palermo Intro, 1 review, 6 photos
- Vail Intro, 1 review, 6 photos
- Keystone Intro, 1 review, 6 photos
- Arapahoe Intro, 1 review, 6 photos
No friends yet.