"Mom's City" Kunshan by mstinawu

Kunshan Travel Guide: 12 reviews and 23 photos

Visiting Mom

My mom has been living in Kunshan, China for the last few years and I'm lucky enough to have a travelling fanatic of a mom to take me around town everytime I go visit here. Kunshan is a great base to visit various cities and sites in Jiangsu province. This is a fast developing city with sites and foods to visit and eat. I recommend a day trip here if you're in the area, but it's probably not something I would drive out of the way for. It's definitely still in it's developmental stages as a city--it used to be covered in water villages only 30 years ago. There are still several small water villages remaining in the area.

The Chinese suburbs

My mom basically lives in what I like to call the "Chinese suburbs." The homes here are quasi European/American in style and I'm not sure what to make of it. It's defiantly a nice place to live though even though sometimes I feel like I'm on the set of a TV show.

• Last visit to Kunshan: May 2009
  • Intro Updated Jul 31, 2010

• mstinawu's Profile Photo
    Oct 6, 2007 at 3:47 PM

Actually, they do. Granted, many Chinese people in China are very poor and cannot afford it, but those who can, do. My mom (who lives in Kun Shan) will get a few crabs every year to feast on.

• Sep 3, 2007 at 8:11 AM

Ahaha... in fact it's a big joke. No chinese eat that normally, it's just for the fun to see foreigners trying to eat this that they are inviting eat to eat some. It's uncomparable with a snow crab!

mstinawu Visits Here Frequently!

Badges & Stats in Kunshan

Have you been to Kunshan?

Latest Activity in Kunshan