"Suburban Bliss" Top 5 Page for this destination Torrance by mstinawu
Torrance Travel Guide: 38 reviews and 52 photos
In terms of "travel," there isn't too much in Torrance. It's a large sized LA suburb w/ lots of good food and a small beach. But it's centrally located and it's easy to feel comfortable in this city as the hustle and bustle of the major metropolitan cities are actually quite a drive away.
I recently bought a home in Torrance so looks like I really at "settled" here! Hopefully I will be more vigilantly updating this page with Torrance goodies for people who are visiting the South Bay for any reason.
My work and life takes place here. If I actually had kids, this might actually be a nice place to settle down sans the oil refineries down the road.
If you're looking for authentic Japanese food, Torrance and it's surrounding cities have a ton of it of every style, shape and size--complete w/ Japanese businessmen who eat there seemingly all day and night.
- Pros:great mom and pop restaurants, centrally located, nearby beaches
- Cons:oil refineries, far from freeway
- In a nutshell:More than your average suburb
Del Cerro is a great place to go mountain biking, hiking or horse riding. There are beautiful views of the peninsula... more travel advice
After reading a couple favorable reviews and seeing several recommendations to order the torpedo sandwich--my boyfriend... more travel advice
mstinawu's Related Pages
Torrance Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Suburban Bliss"
- "Home Sweet Home!"
- "Lot's of Sri Lankan Families live in Torrance"
- "A Mall Day (and more) in the South Bay near L.A."
- "gonzo458's new Torrance Page"
- "Torrance, California: Suburbia USA"
- "Octoberfest at Alpine Village"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Torrance
- Hotels in Torrance
- Nightlife in Torrance
- Restaurants in Torrance
- Shopping in Torrance
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Torrance
- 7 Reviews
- 13 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Torrance?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Torrance
- Posted in Travel Nashville Forum "Re: A fall foliage drive from..."
- Wrote a Review Izakaya, Oden & Beer, Oh My! in Torrance Restaurants
- updated a Torrance Travel Page "Suburban Bliss"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Hike, bike or ride (a horse) at Del Cerro"
- Commented on one of marinarena's Torrance travel pages
Top 10 Pages
- Barcelona Intro, 12 reviews, 28 photos
- Ocho Rios Intro, 7 reviews, 16 photos
- Nashville Intro, 8 reviews, 14 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hainan Dao Intro, 5 reviews, 16 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Torrance Intro, 7 reviews, 13 photos
- Santa Cruz Island Intro, 4 reviews, 11 photos
- Girona Intro, 4 reviews, 10 photos
- Big Bear Lake Intro, 4 reviews, 9 photos
- Cadaqués Intro, 4 reviews, 8 photos
- Kaohsiung Shih Intro, 4 reviews, 6 photos
No friends yet.