"Calicut- Historic Coastal Town" Calicut by y2ketan2007
Calicut Travel Guide: 15 reviews and 37 photos
Vasco-da-Gama landed here in 1498 AD at the Kappad beach , 16 KM from the city and this started the trade route between India and Europe. The Portuguese , the Dutch , the French and the British all had their trade posts here. Today this is a town of half-a- million people and is known for it's spice markets , beautiful beaches , Ayurveda resorts and medical tourism.It is mostly a laid back town known for it's hospitality and warmth .
One of the many premier management institutes in India under the banner of IIM is situated in Calicut.The vast campus is... more travel advice
A wonderful church in town The Matre de Deo’s Church of Calicut dates back the early Catholics of the Region, and... more travel advice
y2ketan2007's Related Pages
Calicut Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "CALICUT- GATEWAY OF INDIA TO EUROPEON EXPLORERS"
- "Calicut- Historic Coastal Town"
- "Calicut OR now Kozhikode"
- "Calicut-The gateway to friendship"
- "Kozhikode is also called Calicut"
- "the extra ordinary calicut my home town"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Calicut
- Transportation in Calicut
- Restaurants in Calicut
- Warnings and Dangers in Calicut
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Calicut
- 6 Reviews
- 11 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (9)
Have you been to Calicut?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Calicut
Photos in CalicutSee All Photos (11)
Top 10 Pages
- Vienna Intro, 16 reviews, 26 photos, 4 travelogues
- Goa Intro, 14 reviews, 25 photos, 1 travelogue
- Bijapur Intro, 10 reviews, 13 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Udagamandalam Intro, 9 reviews, 13 photos
- State of Kerala Intro, 8 reviews, 13 photos
- Salzburg Intro, 6 reviews, 14 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Linz Intro, 6 reviews, 14 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ellora Intro, 4 reviews, 15 photos
- New York City Intro, 6 reviews, 12 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kanniyakumari Intro, 7 reviews, 10 photos