"A Major Pilgrim Centre Down South" Rameswaram by y2ketan2007
Rameswaram Travel Guide: 33 reviews and 48 photos
Rameswaram is located on the south -east coast of India.The chief attraction is the massive Ranathswamy temple spread over fifteen acres.Parts of the temple date back to the 12th century.The temple's third corridor is the largest for any temple in India - measuring 30 feet high and 17 to 21 feet wide and with 1212 pillars.
A short drive to nearby village Dhanushkodi will indeed hypnotise you with spectacular views of the Arabian sea on one side and the Bay of Bengal on the other.
Our past president Dr. Abdul Kalam is from Rameswaram.His house here is now a wonderful museum showcasing the life and work of our scientist and past president.
The real highlight of the trip to Rameswaram is the view of the sea from The Pamban bridge.And if you are lucky you will be able to see a train chug along a parallel iron bridge a few metres above the waves.
You will find some very interesting handmade products like bracelets,mirrors,necklaces and curtains made from sea shells... more travel advice
y2ketan2007's Related Pages
Rameswaram Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Let Me Tell You A Story"
- "Thirty Feet Above The Ocean"
- "A Major Pilgrim Centre Down South"
- "City of Siva Temple"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Rameswaram
- Hotels in Rameswaram
- Transportation in Rameswaram
- Shopping in Rameswaram
- Warnings and Dangers in Rameswaram
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Rameswaram
- 3 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (9)
Have you been to Rameswaram?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Rameswaram
Photos in RameswaramSee All Photos (3)
Top 10 Pages
- Vienna Intro, 16 reviews, 26 photos, 4 travelogues
- Goa Intro, 14 reviews, 25 photos, 1 travelogue
- Bijapur Intro, 10 reviews, 13 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Udagamandalam Intro, 9 reviews, 13 photos
- State of Kerala Intro, 8 reviews, 13 photos
- Salzburg Intro, 6 reviews, 14 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Linz Intro, 6 reviews, 14 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ellora Intro, 4 reviews, 15 photos
- New York City Intro, 6 reviews, 12 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kanniyakumari Intro, 7 reviews, 10 photos