"Ordinary Town - Extraordinary Heritage !" Tiruchchirappalli by y2ketan2007
Tiruchchirappalli Travel Guide: 20 reviews and 116 photos
At the confluence of the rivers cauvery and Kollidam lies a 600 acre island called Srirangam which is home to India's largest temple complex.Built between 11th and 17th centuries the Sri Ranganathar temple is enclosed by seven concentric walls.The entire site is a tribute to the grandeur and vision of the Vijayanagara Kings.
Seshagirirayar mandapam or hall was built in the 16th century.It features extraordinary columns featuring rearing horses with riders.These are unbelievable works of art made from granite boulders.
The rock Fort temple is an imposing structure built on a gigantic rock right in the middle of the town.The vijayanagara... more travel advice
A copy of the famous Basilica in Lourdes, France. The exterior is quite impressive . The church is located inside a... more travel advice
y2ketan2007's Related Pages
Tiruchchirappalli Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Ordinary Town - Extraordinary Heritage !"
- "Trichy and Srirangam"
- "Pictures of Trichy"
- "ROCKFORT TEMPLE- can anything beat this"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Tiruchchirappalli
- Hotels in Tiruchchirappalli
- Transportation in Tiruchchirappalli
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Tiruchchirappalli
- 5 Reviews
- 6 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (10)
Have you been to Tiruchchirappalli?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Tiruchchirappalli
Photos in TiruchchirappalliSee All Photos (6)
Top 10 Pages
- Vienna Intro, 16 reviews, 26 photos, 4 travelogues
- Goa Intro, 14 reviews, 25 photos, 1 travelogue
- Bijapur Intro, 10 reviews, 13 photos
- Udagamandalam Intro, 9 reviews, 13 photos
- State of Kerala Intro, 8 reviews, 13 photos
- Salzburg Intro, 6 reviews, 14 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Linz Intro, 6 reviews, 14 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ellora Intro, 4 reviews, 15 photos
- New York City Intro, 6 reviews, 12 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kanniyakumari Intro, 7 reviews, 10 photos