Udagamandalam Things to Do Tips by y2ketan2007 Top 5 Page for this destination
Udagamandalam Things to Do: 81 reviews and 225 photos
A Lovely little church in Ooty
A tiny and beautiful church built during the British Raj in 1896. It is situated in the heart of town and I discovered it on a visit to Ooty last week.
St . Thomas' Church and the graveyard
St. Thomas' Church was built in 1870 .It was one of the locations for the 1984 David Lean classic movie ' A passage to India ' based on a novel by E M Foster.
Fernhill Palace , Ooty
A wonderful palace owned by the erstwhile Royal family - the Wadyars of Mysore.The property has very recently been converted into a super luxury hotel.The interiors can easily transport one into the early part of this century.The collection of antique furniture is wonderful and so are the sprawling lawns.
A must see in Ooty
A paradise for any nature lover , the Botanical Garden is by far the finest park of it's kind in India. An unbelivable variety of trees from all over the world are grown and nurtured here.Spend atleast half a day here to enjoy this paradise.
A beautiful Church
A most wonderful church in Ooty built in 1827. There is a cemetery in the backyard . Sunday mass is held at 9 A.M and again at 11 A.M.
More Reviews (4)
y2ketan2007's Related Pages
Udagamandalam Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Tribal Village Near Ooty"
- "My unfinished trip to OOOOOOOOOOTTTTTTTYYYYYY"
- "OT at Ooty"
- "Ooty - Udagamandalam"
- "A Hill Station in the Nilgiri Mountains"
- "Queen of hill stations"
- "Ooty- The Queens grown old"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Udagamandalam
- Hotels in Udagamandalam
- Transportation in Udagamandalam
- Restaurants in Udagamandalam
- Shopping in Udagamandalam
- Warnings and Dangers in Udagamandalam
- See All...
Explore the World
- Ko Mai Si Yai Hotels
- Rye Hotels
- Elk Grove Village Hotels
- Gig Harbor Hotels
- Izola Obcina
Badges & Stats in Udagamandalam
- 9 Reviews
- 13 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 9 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (9)
Have you been to Udagamandalam?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Udagamandalam
- Posted in Travel Goa Forum "Re: Another Alternative?"
- Commented on one of y2ketan2007's Udagamandalam travel pages
- Wrote a Review Union Church in Udagamandalam Things to Do
- Uploaded a Photo to "Union Church"
- Uploaded a Video to Udagamandalam
- updated a Udagamandalam Travel Page "A Hill Station in the Nilgiri Mountains"
Photos in UdagamandalamSee All Photos (13)
Top 10 Pages
- Vienna Intro, 16 reviews, 26 photos, 4 travelogues
- Goa Intro, 14 reviews, 25 photos, 1 travelogue
- Bijapur Intro, 10 reviews, 13 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Udagamandalam Intro, 9 reviews, 13 photos
- State of Kerala Intro, 8 reviews, 13 photos
- Salzburg Intro, 6 reviews, 14 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Linz Intro, 6 reviews, 14 photos, 3 travelogues
- Ellora Intro, 4 reviews, 15 photos
- New York City Intro, 6 reviews, 12 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kanniyakumari Intro, 7 reviews, 10 photos