"Cologne" Cologne by darkjedi
Cologne Travel Guide: 1,609 reviews and 4,008 photos
When I was at school and 13 the German classes went on a trip to Germany. I was useless at languages then and still am now but I really enjoyed it and certainly enjoyed Cologne. This is why I decided to go back there for my first major trip abroad in Europe. I wish I could have stayed longer, three days was not enough as i kept discovering more things to do.
Wandering around old town and the Hohenzollernbrucke area was a cold and windy experience. There was a lot to see and do, museums, architecture and boat trips, but maybe a warmer time of year next time eh?
A few hours were set aside just sat on the riverbank watching the many ships and barges sail past. Boats of all descriptions will pass you and its amazing to see the differerent types of things that they carry. Some of the barges are obviously peoples homes too and have houses at the rear. Some of them also have cars parked too.
- Pros:Loads to see and do here
- Cons:October can be really cold and windy
This is the machine you need to buy your ticket on the underground metro. Simply press the UK flag on the screen and... more travel advice
Cologne zoo with its historical buildings is situated right in the centre of Cologne and very easy to get to using the... more travel advice
darkjedi's Related Pages
Cologne Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Beautiful Cologne"
- "Koelsh, ja wohl"
- "Köln am Rhein"
- "Roman History, Magnificent Cathedral, and Kölsch"
- "My big neighbour, Cologne (Köln)!"
- "Cologne under Construction"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Cologne
- Hotels in Cologne
- Transportation in Cologne
- Nightlife in Cologne
- Restaurants in Cologne
- Shopping in Cologne
- Warnings and Dangers in Cologne
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Cologne
- 8 Reviews
- 28 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
Have you been to Cologne?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Cologne
Photos in CologneSee All Photos (28)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bologna Intro, 41 reviews, 153 photos
- Berlin Intro, 39 reviews, 152 photos
- Oslo Intro, 33 reviews, 138 photos
- Amsterdam Intro, 26 reviews, 100 photos
- Pisa Intro, 27 reviews, 95 photos
- Venice Intro, 17 reviews, 85 photos
- Europe Intro, 24 reviews, 71 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Caen Intro, 23 reviews, 58 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Marino Intro, 14 reviews, 59 photos
- Liverpool Intro, 20 reviews, 52 photos