"Bologna - The Red City" Bologna by darkjedi
Bologna Travel Guide: 1,163 reviews and 3,491 photos
We arrived in Bologna during the rush hour and my first overall impressions were of a madhouse with thousands of people rushing everywhere. By the time we left several days later we realised this is exectly what the city is like. Because of the huge student population vast numbers of people flock into and out of the city every day. At no time was that sense of 'rush' not present.
Getting about is easy. The city is not that large and can be crossed in about 40 minutes. Or just as easy, catch one of the many busses that cross and orbit the city.
We arrived in October and found the weather to be a bit chilly but not wet. Most of the city is protected from the winds and the climate is a little warmer than can normally be expected.
Nutella is that lovely, gooey hazelnut chocolate spread countless backpackers discovered in Europe and then waxed poetic... more travel advice
If modern art is your genre then you will love this place, its full of everything you expect from an extremely elitist... more travel advice
darkjedi's Related Pages
Bologna Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "BOLOGNA - "La Turrita""
- "My way to stay in Bologna!"
- "Bologna – Eat, look up, marvel, eat and savour"
- "City of towers and arcades."
- "Bologna - Capital of Emilia-Romagna"
- "Bologna - The Red City"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Bologna
- Hotels in Bologna
- Transportation in Bologna
- Nightlife in Bologna
- Restaurants in Bologna
- Shopping in Bologna
- Warnings and Dangers in Bologna
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Bologna
- 41 Reviews
- 153 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (10)
Have you been to Bologna?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bologna
Videos in BolognaSee All Videos (6)
Top 10 Pages
- Bologna Intro, 41 reviews, 153 photos
- Berlin Intro, 39 reviews, 152 photos
- Oslo Intro, 33 reviews, 138 photos
- Amsterdam Intro, 26 reviews, 100 photos
- Pisa Intro, 27 reviews, 95 photos
- Venice Intro, 17 reviews, 85 photos
- Europe Intro, 24 reviews, 71 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Caen Intro, 23 reviews, 58 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Marino Intro, 14 reviews, 59 photos
- Liverpool Intro, 20 reviews, 52 photos