"Windmills galore" Zaanse Schans by darkjedi
Zaanse Schans Travel Guide: 135 reviews and 640 photos
You know the moment. You've been on vacation in the Nederlands for a few days and seen and done lots of things. But when you get to Zaanse Schans and reach the end of the car park and stand looking at the windmills in the fields you can't help but think... "Oh my God, I'm actually in Holland!"
The beautiful village of Zaanse Schans is situated near Zandaam on the banks of the River Zaan. Most of the buildings have been constructed on site but some are from other parts of Holland. There is a cheese factory, museum, clog maker, antique shop and shipyard
Not only can you see clogs being made here with the frequent demonstrations but there are thousands of sizes and colours... more travel advice
darkjedi's Related Pages
Zaanse Schans Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Zaanse Schans"
- "It doesn't get any more dutch than this"
- ""A MUST SEE NEAR AMSTERDAM""
- "What a place for a VT meeting !!"
- "ZAANSE SCHANS"
- "Open air museum the Zaanse Schans"
- "Back to the 80's - The 1880's"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Zaanse Schans
- Transportation in Zaanse Schans
- Restaurants in Zaanse Schans
- Shopping in Zaanse Schans
- Warnings and Dangers in Zaanse Schans
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Zaanse Schans
- 2 Reviews
- 7 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (8)
Have you been to Zaanse Schans?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Zaanse Schans
Photos in Zaanse SchansSee All Photos (7)
Videos in Zaanse SchansSee All Videos (2)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bologna Intro, 41 reviews, 153 photos
- Berlin Intro, 39 reviews, 152 photos
- Oslo Intro, 33 reviews, 138 photos
- Amsterdam Intro, 26 reviews, 100 photos
- Pisa Intro, 27 reviews, 95 photos
- Venice Intro, 17 reviews, 85 photos
- Europe Intro, 24 reviews, 71 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Caen Intro, 23 reviews, 58 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Marino Intro, 14 reviews, 59 photos
- Liverpool Intro, 20 reviews, 52 photos