Sharm El Sheikh Sports & Outdoors Tips by Kaysta Top 5 Page for this destination
Sharm El Sheikh Sports & Outdoors: 34 reviews and 44 photos
Once you look into the beautiful red sea, it will be an automatic urge to want to snorkel or dive. You see so many people do it and the dive boats can be seen dotted around the sea. It is one of the best places to dive in the world...I'd reseach the fishes that you can see in the Red Sea before you go, make aware of the fishes to avoid such as the 'Lion Fish'. Plus it is fun to see a fish that you know the name of!
I have never snorkeled before, but i took the plunge and got addicted! It was amazing what you could see under the sea! Although the sea is crystal clear and you could see the fish from standing on a jetty...you get to see the real beauty when you are in the sea.
It is an opportunity not to be missed...
Equipment: You can hire snokel equipment - usually by beaches or dive centres. I'd recommend you take your own snorkel for hygiene reasons! Make sure you take a mask that has a fitted nose piece as when i went i just took ordinary goggles and i couldn't stand the water going up my nose. If you are not too confident in the water, don't fear you can hire a life jacket at Naama Bay beach.
Directions: Anywhere in the Red Sea, just be careful of coral - don't stand or take anything from it, you can be prosiscuted. There is several diving and snorkelling excursions, you can find these advertised by companies or by going to diving centres.
Theme: Scuba Diving
More Reviews (24)
- See All Desert Safari and Dahab city
- See All A small island in it's own right!
- See All Big meals for small prices!
- See All Language
- See All Don't forget your passport!
Kaysta's Related Pages
Sharm El Sheikh Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Sharm is the place to go,(updated from apr 2006 )"
- "~ Sharm El Sheikh ~ The Charm Of Sharm ~"
- "Its Egypt, kind of."
- "Sharm - one of the best places to be"
- "Egypt - Sharm El Sheikh"
- "Sharm Charm"
- "Bedouin Dinner"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Sharm El Sheikh
- Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
- Transportation in Sharm El Sheikh
- Nightlife in Sharm El Sheikh
- Restaurants in Sharm El Sheikh
- Shopping in Sharm El Sheikh
- Warnings and Dangers in Sharm El Sheikh
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Sharm El Sheikh
- 25 Reviews
- 55 Photos
- 49 Forum posts
- 16 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Sharm El Sheikh?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Sharm El Sheikh
- Posted in Travel Forum "Re: Unsure where to go next year?..."
- Uploaded a Photo to "Baksheesh!"
- Wrote a Review Desert Safari and Dahab city about Excursions in Sharm El Sheikh Things to Do
- Commented on one of Heavens-Mirror's Sharm El Sheikh travel pages
- updated a Sharm El Sheikh Travel Page "Egypt - Sharm El Sheikh"
Photos in Sharm El SheikhSee All Photos (55)
Top 5 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sharm El Sheikh Intro, 25 reviews, 55 photos
- Barcelona Intro, 10 reviews, 24 photos
- Cairo Intro, 12 reviews, 18 photos
- Luxor Intro, 7 reviews, 21 photos
- Chester Intro, 8 reviews, 15 photos
- Naama Bay- 25 Reviews, 49 Photos
- Snorkeling- 31 Reviews, 43 Photos
- Ras Mohammed National Park- 33 Reviews, 62 Photos
- Excursions- 43 Reviews, 70 Photos
- Beaches- 16 Reviews, 33 Photos
- Quad Biking- 25 Reviews, 33 Photos
- St. Catherine's Monastery- 17 Reviews, 30 Photos
- Old Town Sharm- 8 Reviews, 15 Photos
- Scuba Diving- 36 Reviews, 58 Photos
- Sharks Bay- 6 Reviews, 17 Photos
See All Sharm El Sheikh Things to Do