Sharm El Sheikh Packing List Tips by Kaysta Top 5 Page for this destination
Sharm El Sheikh What to Pack: 29 reviews and 19 photos
Don't forget your sun lotion!
Luggage and bags: Have a large suitcase because i took so much back from Sharm to England! I'm so glad that i had a large hardcase! Also, if your going on excursions i'd recommend that you take a rucksack so you can take all your essentials with you. If your a beach person, take a light bag to carry your sunlotion, towels etc.
Clothing/Shoes/Weather Gear: I'd recommend that you pack as much light clothing as possible, its always hot in Sharm, even at night! If you are going in the cooler months then maybe some long sleeved tops should be more than enough. Remember to pack a hat! Especially if you have children - it is hot and this will help prevent sunstroke. Of course, don't forget your sunglasses - 100% UV protection if possible! I would also take an old t-shirt to wear whilst you are in the sea, as the water magnifies the sun and you can come out with a nasty burn!
Toiletries and Medical Supplies: Pack plenty of immodium, dyralite and alcohol hand gel. Use your hand gel at least before every meal as the Eygptian bank notes carry germs and will prevent you from having an upset stomach on your holiday. You may want to pack some insect repellent, i was fine when i went, maybe the odd one or two bites. If you suffer from been bitten then i'd get some. Make sure it's for tropical climets and contains deet no less than 30% or it won't work. If you are taking any medication then bring more than enough with you just incase, you may not find a replacement for it in Sharm. Although they have good Pharmacies, it is quite expensive - when i had the a cold i got some Strepcills and it cost me about £6. Take any form of pain killers or cold medicene that you may need. I also took a first aid kit, just incase. Don't forget to take plenty of sun lotion, it is very hot here...no lower than a factor 15 which is applied regularly! It would be best if you could get a waterproof sun lotion.
Photo Equipment: Take plenty of film, believe me you'll need it! Especially if you are going on excursions to Ciaro or Luxor. I have a digital camera and took 1GB memory card, which was more than enough if you have your Megapixels on a 3 setting. Don't forget that you will need an universal plug adapter to charge your camera or purchase plenty of batteries if your using a film camera.
Camping/Beach/Outdoor Gear: The weather is so hot that it's almost impossible to walk on the beach without flip flops! I took a cheap pair for the beach as the sand stains them. Also, if you are going in sea i'd wear aqua shoes to protect your feet...you don't want to stand on something that may sting you! Plus it will protect you from any cuts on shells or coral.
More Reviews (24)
- See All Desert Safari and Dahab city
- See All A small island in it's own right!
- See All Big meals for small prices!
- See All Language
- See All Don't forget your passport!
Kaysta's Related Pages
Sharm El Sheikh Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Sharm is the place to go,(updated from apr 2006 )"
- "~ Sharm El Sheikh ~ The Charm Of Sharm ~"
- "Its Egypt, kind of."
- "Sharm - one of the best places to be"
- "Egypt - Sharm El Sheikh"
- "Sharm Charm"
- "Sharm el Sheikh - An Oasis in the Desert"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Sharm El Sheikh
- Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
- Transportation in Sharm El Sheikh
- Nightlife in Sharm El Sheikh
- Restaurants in Sharm El Sheikh
- Shopping in Sharm El Sheikh
- Warnings and Dangers in Sharm El Sheikh
- See All...
Explore the World
- Pulau Langkawi What to Pack
- Guangzhou What to Pack
- Alabama What to Pack
- Luxembourg What to Pack
- Ukraine What to Pack
- Easter Island What to Pack
- New Mexico What to Pack
- Grand Bahama Island What to Pack
- Yellowstone National Park What to Pack
- Caracas What to Pack
- Oslo What to Pack
- Niagara Falls What to Pack
Badges & Stats in Sharm El Sheikh
- 25 Reviews
- 55 Photos
- 49 Forum posts
- 16 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Sharm El Sheikh?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Sharm El Sheikh
- Posted in Travel Forum "Re: Unsure where to go next year?..."
- Uploaded a Photo to "Baksheesh!"
- Wrote a Review Desert Safari and Dahab city about Excursions in Sharm El Sheikh Things to Do
- Commented on one of Heavens-Mirror's Sharm El Sheikh travel pages
- updated a Sharm El Sheikh Travel Page "Egypt - Sharm El Sheikh"
Photos in Sharm El SheikhSee All Photos (55)
Top 5 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sharm El Sheikh Intro, 25 reviews, 55 photos
- Barcelona Intro, 10 reviews, 24 photos
- Cairo Intro, 12 reviews, 18 photos
- Luxor Intro, 7 reviews, 21 photos
- Chester Intro, 8 reviews, 15 photos
Latest Sharm El Sheikh hotel reviews
- Four Seasons Sharm El Sheikh
- 714 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 14, 2013
- Sharm Cliff Resort Sharm el Sheikh
- 380 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 3, 2013
- El Hayat Sharm Resort
- 101 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 12, 2013
- Halomy Hotel
- 407 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 8, 2013
- Coral Sea Holiday Village
- 3198 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 17, 2013
- Jaz Mirabel Club
- 341 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 18, 2013
- Sol Sharm
- 485 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 10, 2013
- Tamra Beach
- 33 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 5, 2013
- Veraclub Queen Sharm
- 6 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 2, 2013
- Sea Garden Resort
- 212 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 10, 2013
- Rehana Sharm Resort
- 732 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 11, 2013
- Nubian Village Hotel Sharm el Sheikh
- 617 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 12, 2013
- Hotel Partner Sunset Sharm El-Sheikh
- 40 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 26, 2011
- Naama Bay- 25 Reviews, 49 Photos
- Snorkeling- 31 Reviews, 43 Photos
- Excursions- 42 Reviews, 68 Photos
- Ras Mohammed National Park- 29 Reviews, 44 Photos
- Quad Biking- 25 Reviews, 33 Photos
- Beaches- 15 Reviews, 29 Photos
- St. Catherine's Monastery- 17 Reviews, 30 Photos
- Scuba Diving- 34 Reviews, 52 Photos
- Glass Bottom Boat- 15 Reviews, 27 Photos
- Old Town Sharm- 6 Reviews, 7 Photos
See All Sharm El Sheikh Things to Do