Sharm El Sheikh Transportation Tips by Kaysta Top 5 Page for this destination
Sharm El Sheikh Transportation: 59 reviews and 25 photos
You will see taxis everywhere in Sharm, you don't usually even have to ask for one. Often, if you are by a road or walking towards a road people will ask you if you want a taxi.
If you are traveling from your hotel - stand outside it by the road and hold your hand out. A taxi will pull over. Make sure it a is a blue and white taxi though, these are the ones that are insured. When entering a taxi, there is a disc on the front winder (like a tax disc) on this will tell you how much you are supposed to pay.
Always negociate a price before you get in the taxi and if possible have the correct change or exchange money before you set off in the car. I was told by the rep at the hotel that some will say that they have no change and drive off.
Make sure that when you go to Naama Bay that you ask to be dropped off by Panorama, this is the main strip and where you want to be. The first time i went to Naama Bay by taxi the driver dropped us off by a back enterance and we got so much hassle, it was a bit daunting!
Be warned, taxis drive really fast and they don't indicate, or seem to look in their mirrors! It's such a relief when you have arrived to destination! Hehe.
From Dreams Beach Resort to Naama Bay i paid approximately 25 Egyptian pounds.
Type: Car/Motor Home
More Reviews (24)
- See All Desert Safari and Dahab city
- See All A small island in it's own right!
- See All Big meals for small prices!
- See All Language
- See All Don't forget your passport!
Kaysta's Related Pages
Sharm El Sheikh Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Sharm is the place to go,(updated from apr 2006 )"
- "~ Sharm El Sheikh ~ The Charm Of Sharm ~"
- "Its Egypt, kind of."
- "Sharm - one of the best places to be"
- "Egypt - Sharm El Sheikh"
- "Sharm Charm"
- "Bedouin Dinner"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Sharm El Sheikh
- Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
- Transportation in Sharm El Sheikh
- Nightlife in Sharm El Sheikh
- Restaurants in Sharm El Sheikh
- Shopping in Sharm El Sheikh
- Warnings and Dangers in Sharm El Sheikh
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Sharm El Sheikh
- 25 Reviews
- 55 Photos
- 49 Forum posts
- 16 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Sharm El Sheikh?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Sharm El Sheikh
- Posted in Travel Forum "Re: Unsure where to go next year?..."
- Uploaded a Photo to "Baksheesh!"
- Wrote a Review Desert Safari and Dahab city about Excursions in Sharm El Sheikh Things to Do
- Commented on one of Heavens-Mirror's Sharm El Sheikh travel pages
- updated a Sharm El Sheikh Travel Page "Egypt - Sharm El Sheikh"
Photos in Sharm El SheikhSee All Photos (55)
Top 5 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sharm El Sheikh Intro, 25 reviews, 55 photos
- Barcelona Intro, 10 reviews, 24 photos
- Cairo Intro, 12 reviews, 18 photos
- Luxor Intro, 7 reviews, 21 photos
- Chester Intro, 8 reviews, 15 photos
- Naama Bay- 25 Reviews, 49 Photos
- Snorkeling- 31 Reviews, 43 Photos
- Excursions- 43 Reviews, 70 Photos
- Ras Mohammed National Park- 33 Reviews, 62 Photos
- Quad Biking- 25 Reviews, 33 Photos
- Beaches- 16 Reviews, 33 Photos
- Scuba Diving- 36 Reviews, 58 Photos
- Old Town Sharm- 8 Reviews, 15 Photos
- St. Catherine's Monastery- 17 Reviews, 30 Photos
- Sharks Bay- 6 Reviews, 17 Photos
See All Sharm El Sheikh Things to Do