Bryce Canyon National Park Favorite Tips by giampiero6
Bryce Canyon National Park Favorites: 107 reviews and 114 photos
Jamey, Travel Addict Stew, and G
Fondest memory: When you have been in the wilderness for a week, you get a sort of wily eyed look and an aroma that precedes you. It was rather humorous to have sweated and hiked in towards the peak...we thought we were going to some wild lookout, instead we had made it all the way from the valley floor to the rim that most people just drive aroiuond in there Winnebagos to peek over the side and eat another twinkie. As we were finally getting to the top we were met by a fat leisure suited tourist from New Jersey who was walking a few steps down the trail..."Does it go any farther down?" He asked. Why yes it does, my good man....
Jamey and I Enjoy a View
Favorite thing: Bryce's hiking trails are glorious. They are particularly interesting because they take you winding and snaking along ridges around curves and through passes. It all changes as you go and is interesting all the time. I cannot recall the name of this trail that we took, but it's the main trail from Tropic. It's a loop of about 10 k as I recall with a seady climb at the latter stages towards the rim.
Hole in Rock
Fondest memory: For an obvious reason, I called this hole in rock (which echoes the travels of an early band of mormon settlers--but that's another story). This is one of the more famous views and passages of Bryce. Quite exciting in person.
Favorite thing: If you hike around Bryce the impression is of being bathed in an orange golden glowing light. That's because the sand/stone of Bryce is made of beautiful glowing colors. It's amazing if you stop to pick up rocks that it's like a Crayon pack. Some rock is pure mustard color, some, pure orange, others gold and pink and purple. I brought some rock fragements home, but only the bright desert light does them justice
Favorite thing: I enjoyed seeing different shapes and images in the formations. The scale is remarkably accessible. It's not like th Grand Canyon which is, well, really grand. It feels almost man made. This reminded me of a castle, obviously. Wandering around Bryce is a bit like looking at clouds form and dissipate. One cool thing is that the trails curve and wander around in different directions so your constantly getting new direction, new light, new views.
Fondest memory: One of the most beautiful aspects of Bryce are the Hoodoos..strange psychedelic like sand castle structures...if feels like you're trapped in a Jimmie Hendrix Album covers.
Jamey at Bryce
Fondest memory: The most beautiful thing about Bryce is the sheer glory of the colors and landscapes. You are constatnly astounded as you turn corners or spot a new vista. Pictures...at least mine..do not fully capture the beauty! Our friend Jamey had never camped before, but this day at Bryce I think was one of his crowning achievements :-)
giampiero6's Related Pages
Bryce Canyon National Park Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Land of Hoodoos and Queens"
- "Bryce Canyon – magic encounters with artist Earth"
- "Don't Think Thrice, Bryce is All Right!"
- "Hoodoo's-NOt Boo Hoo's"
- "Colourful and Weird Hoodoos at Bryce"
- "Bryce Canyon National Park"
- "Roundtrip USA : part 16 Bryce Canyon"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Bryce Canyon National Park
- Hotels in Bryce Canyon National Park
- Transportation in Bryce Canyon National Park
- Nightlife in Bryce Canyon National Park
- Restaurants in Bryce Canyon National Park
- Shopping in Bryce Canyon National Park
- Warnings and Dangers in Bryce Canyon National Park
- See All...
Explore the World
- Windermere Hotels
- Rujm al Mu'mini Hotels
- Northern Thailand Hotels
- Tatranska Lomnica Hotels
- Salt Island
- Wilaya de Rabat-Sale
- San Antonio Abad
Badges & Stats in Bryce Canyon National Park
- 7 Reviews
- 10 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 22 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (17)
Have you been to Bryce Canyon National Park?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bryce Canyon National Park
Photos in Bryce Canyon National ParkSee All Photos (10)
Top 10 Pages
- Carisolo Intro, 24 reviews, 64 photos, 4 travelogues
- Calasetta Intro, 22 reviews, 62 photos, 5 travelogues
- West Hollywood Intro, 1 review, 82 photos, 9 travelogues
- Los Angeles Intro, 30 reviews, 52 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Santa Monica Intro, 25 reviews, 31 photos, 1 travelogue
- Japan Intro, 18 reviews, 26 photos, 1 travelogue
- Naples Intro, 2 reviews, 37 photos, 4 travelogues
- Venice Intro, 15 reviews, 18 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Malibu Intro, 12 reviews, 21 photos
- San Francisco Intro, 15 reviews, 16 photos