"Venice, but in California" Top 5 Page for this destination Venice by giampiero6
Venice Travel Guide: 151 reviews and 332 photos
Developer Abbott Kinney has a dream of turning his piece of southern California into a kind of Venice of the Southwest. Canals were dredged and homes built, and the name of the Italian city bestowed upon this place. Not much remains of that vision, except of a few square blocks of canals. What does remain is incredibly picturesque and lovely. You won't believe you're in the middle huge sprawling LA and only a few steps from skanky weird-o-ville Venice.
Besides the canals, Venice is full of stuff to do. The beach full of Muscle heads, roller disco nuts, graffiti guys, nut jobs, bums, drunks, exhibitionists is where tourist seem to stroll and see the 'wildlife.' It's an interesting freak show. There are also a couple of good surf breaks near the Venice pier and infront of Muscle Beach an area called 1st. jetty.
Venice has lots of cool spots to hang out and a surprisingly great set of restaurants and antique shops (pop culture stuff too) located mostly on Abbot Kinney street. Check it out it's cool!
- Pros:Lovely and Casual and Fun
- Cons:A little seedy around the edges on the beach
- In a nutshell:Beautiful, Weird, Fun, Great!
The Venice Farmer's Market takes place on Saturday in the parking lots between Main and Pacific roughly at Ashland. It's... more travel advice
When you visit Venice, make sure to take a stroll in the Venice Canals. It's a very beautiful and picturesque stroll... more travel advice
giampiero6's Related Pages
Venice Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Great Illusion"
- "Venice California Sun Sandy Beach & Muscle Beach"
- "VENICE BEACH, CALIFORNIA."
- "Venice, but in California"
- "Beautiful Venice."
- "Venice Canals"
- "Venice: Exciting, Ecletic, Eccentric !"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Venice
- Hotels in Venice
- Transportation in Venice
- Nightlife in Venice
- Restaurants in Venice
- Shopping in Venice
- Warnings and Dangers in Venice
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Venice
- 6 Reviews
- 15 Photos
- 4 Forum posts
- 38 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (13)
Have you been to Venice?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Venice
- Posted in Travel Juneau Forum "Re: Best Highlights of Juneau"
- updated a Venice Travel Page "Venice, but in California"
- Commented on the Venice travel guide
- Uploaded a Photo to "Venice, but in California"
- Commented on one of giampiero6's Venice travel pages
- Wrote a Review Vino and Tapa in Venice Restaurants
Photos in VeniceSee All Photos (15)
Top 10 Pages
- Carisolo Intro, 17 reviews, 53 photos, 4 travelogues
- Los Angeles Intro, 24 reviews, 37 photos, 3 travelogues
- Calasetta Intro, 13 reviews, 40 photos, 2 travelogues
- Japan Intro, 17 reviews, 23 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Malibu Intro, 10 reviews, 17 photos
- Monument Valley State Park Intro, 7 reviews, 16 photos, 1 travelogue
- Kyoto Intro, 10 reviews, 12 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Venice Intro, 6 reviews, 15 photos, 1 travelogue
- Nevada Intro, 19 photos, 2 travelogues
- Goosenecks State Park Intro, 3 reviews, 13 photos, 1 travelogue
FriendsSee All Friends (760)
Latest Venice hotel reviews
- Lincoln Inn
- 9 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 24, 2013
- Inn at Venice Beach
- 339 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 29, 2013
- Venice on the Beach Hotel
- 228 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 14, 2013
- Venice Beach Suites And Hotel
- 223 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 1, 2013
- Hotel Erwin Venice
- 512 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 5, 2013
- The Venice Beach House
- 52 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 14, 2013
- Venice Suites
- 86 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 4, 2013