"Malibu! Sweet Livin!" Top 5 Page for this destination Malibu by giampiero6
Malibu Travel Guide: 195 reviews and 706 photos
I love going to the Beach in Malibu...the northern part where it's a lot less crowded and clean. This is El Matador Beach, which is pretty glorious and beautiful with a nice body surfing break and a cool kelp bed about 200 yards offs shore. I used to go a lot, but I live on the beach now, so I don't go out there. Often when I'd go out there, I'd see this really beautiful woman walking down the beach and think...man she's beautiful and looks familiar...it was, Cindy Crawford. Not really my kind of woman, but it was funny what a double take worthy encounter it was.
Malibu is all about hanging out, surfin, relaxing, drinking Mai Tai's and not worrying too much about stuff. Of course it helps to not worry too much about stuff if you have millions of dollars, and that's what keeps Malibu mellow. Hey I love going here on the weekends to some of the great beaches, a nice Ahi burger and then a few cocktails ocean side at Dukes. Do I look happy? Cause I am.
This is at one of my favorite beaches, which I call holiday beach. It's perfect for body surfing (not surfing). Man a nice summer day with nothing to do but relax at the beach with friends. That is livin' The California coast is glorious. In Malibu it's a fight between public access and development. In exchange for allow rich jackasses like David Geffen to build homes, they have to maintain and keep up public access. I had to raise complaints with the Coastal Commission to make sure this access stayed open. It's really important that the coast not become the exlsuive private property of a few jerks.
- Pros:Coastline, Country livin', Relaxed Feel
- Cons:No Nightlife and Rich Neighbors
- In a nutshell:If you don't have to commute to LA daily, this is the place to be! Just ask Cher!
The Getty Villa is a great way to spend a pleasant and leisurely afternoon. JP Getty was a gazillionaire who founded... more travel advice
Many spots in Malibu feature private beach access. This doesn't mean that you can't walk on the beach, it just means... more travel advice
giampiero6's Related Pages
Malibu Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Lovely Malibu"
- "Malibu! Sweet Livin!"
- "MALIBU: CELEBRITY PACIFIC COASTLINE PLAYGROUND"
- "THE GETTY VILLA MALIBU VIEWS"
- "Beautiful Malibu"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Malibu
- Hotels in Malibu
- Transportation in Malibu
- Nightlife in Malibu
- Restaurants in Malibu
- Shopping in Malibu
- Warnings and Dangers in Malibu
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Malibu
- 10 Reviews
- 17 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 39 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (13)
Have you been to Malibu?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Malibu
Top 10 Pages
- Carisolo Intro, 17 reviews, 53 photos, 4 travelogues
- Los Angeles Intro, 24 reviews, 37 photos, 3 travelogues
- Calasetta Intro, 13 reviews, 40 photos, 2 travelogues
- Japan Intro, 17 reviews, 23 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Malibu Intro, 10 reviews, 17 photos
- Monument Valley State Park Intro, 7 reviews, 16 photos, 1 travelogue
- Kyoto Intro, 10 reviews, 12 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Venice Intro, 6 reviews, 15 photos, 1 travelogue
- Nevada Intro, 19 photos, 2 travelogues
- Goosenecks State Park Intro, 3 reviews, 13 photos, 1 travelogue