"Yosemite's Lesser Known Cousin" Kings Canyon National Park by giampiero6
Kings Canyon National Park Travel Guide: 127 reviews and 251 photos
King's Canyon is a fairly large mountain and forest park that lies adjacent to its better know neighbor, Sequoia Park. There's a lot of great hiking here including long several day camping loops that take you up to high terrain and swing you around awesome lakes and pristine streams!
Paradise Valley is an amazing place to camp high above the valley floor. A beautiful clear cold mountain stream winds through a pine forest and sandy banks. It's a bit of a hike up here and not too many people make it through.
- Pros:Not as well know as Sequoia and Yosemite
- In a nutshell:Paradise
There are lots of bears hanging around the campsites and the valleys. The park tells you that it is your responsiblity... more travel advice
Fish! Here we are fishing in a beautiful cold and pristine stream. High in the mountains. We didn't have any gear, but... more travel advice
giampiero6's Related Pages
Kings Canyon National Park Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Basaic Kings Canyon National Park Page"
- "A grand canyon of a different sort"
- "Contiguous Land of Giants"
- "HOME OF THE MOUNTAIN GODS - KCNP"
- "Kings Canyon...Worth The Time & Effort"
- "Yosemite's Lesser Known Cousin"
- "Takes a little effort to get here"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Kings Canyon National Park
- Hotels in Kings Canyon National Park
- Transportation in Kings Canyon National Park
- Nightlife in Kings Canyon National Park
- Restaurants in Kings Canyon National Park
- Shopping in Kings Canyon National Park
- Warnings and Dangers in Kings Canyon National Park
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Kings Canyon National Park
- 12 Reviews
- 15 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 23 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (18)
Have you been to Kings Canyon National Park?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kings Canyon National Park
- Posted in Technical Help Forum "Re: Can't change email address"
- updated a Kings Canyon National Park Travel Page "Yosemite's Lesser Known Cousin"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Yosemite's Lesser Known Cousin"
- Commented on one of mtncorg's Kings Canyon National Park travel pages
- Wrote a Review Thar's Bear in Them Thar Hills in Kings Canyon National Park Warnings and Dangers
Top 10 Pages
- Carisolo Intro, 24 reviews, 64 photos, 4 travelogues
- Calasetta Intro, 22 reviews, 62 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination West Hollywood Intro, 1 review, 82 photos, 9 travelogues
- Los Angeles Intro, 29 reviews, 52 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Santa Monica Intro, 25 reviews, 31 photos, 1 travelogue
- Japan Intro, 18 reviews, 26 photos, 1 travelogue
- Naples Intro, 2 reviews, 37 photos, 4 travelogues
- Venice Intro, 15 reviews, 18 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Malibu Intro, 12 reviews, 21 photos
- San Francisco Intro, 15 reviews, 16 photos