"Complex Japan" Japan by giampiero6
Japan Travel Guide: 20,760 reviews and 59,026 photos
I made documentaries for NHK (Japans' Main TV Broadcaster) for 5 years, and so was a little familiar with Japanese culture even though I was based in Los Angeles. During my work time, I have never gone to Japan, but was immersed in the expat culture here. While I respected the work ethic, and group dynamics I witnessed, I didn't feel I had a great affinity for things Japanese. When I had the opportunity to visit Japan, I wasn't sure if it would be fun and interesting, or somewhat staid and stifling. I have to say that I was very pleasantly surprised by things things we saw and did.
I visited Japan to attend the wedding of my good friend. Beside attending the wedding, I also visited Kyoto, Hakone hot springs, and Tokyo.
I recommend my local customs tips for Japan and also my Kyoto , Tokyo and Hakone pages.
The thing I love best about Japan, is that while I am only a fair dancer in the US, I am the greatest dancer in all of Japan !
- In a nutshell:A pleasant surprise!
Everyone brings their own spiritual and aesthetic notions to the temple so everyone's experience will be different. One... more travel advice
Well because somebody always asks, here are the facts. 20 years old to buy Alcohol and Tobacco. I'm not sure how much... more travel advice
giampiero6's Related Pages
Japan Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "LAND AND NATURE OF JAPAN"
- "Japan has, what you've never experienced"
- "Nihon sugoi desu! (Japan is wonderful!)"
- "High Culture & Modernity"
- "Japan, My Friends, Our Trip...."
- "Paul's Journey Through Japan"
- "Tadaima!! (I came back!!)"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Japan
- Hotels in Japan
- Transportation in Japan
- Nightlife in Japan
- Restaurants in Japan
- Shopping in Japan
- Warnings and Dangers in Japan
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Japan
- 31 Reviews
- 41 Photos
- 14 Forum posts
- 2 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (13)
Have you been to Japan?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Japan
- Posted in Travel Plitvicka Jezera National Park Forum "Re: Recommendations of Places to..."
- Uploaded a Photo to "Politeness, Bowing, and all the Rest"
- updated a Japan Travelogue "My View of Japan"
- Commented on one of pharsadi's Japan travel pages
- Wrote a Review Visiting Temples in Japan Local Customs
Top 10 Pages
- Carisolo Intro, 17 reviews, 53 photos, 4 travelogues
- Los Angeles Intro, 24 reviews, 37 photos, 3 travelogues
- Calasetta Intro, 13 reviews, 40 photos, 2 travelogues
- Japan Intro, 17 reviews, 23 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Malibu Intro, 10 reviews, 17 photos
- Monument Valley State Park Intro, 7 reviews, 16 photos, 1 travelogue
- Kyoto Intro, 10 reviews, 12 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Venice Intro, 6 reviews, 15 photos, 1 travelogue
- Nevada Intro, 19 photos, 2 travelogues
- Goosenecks State Park Intro, 3 reviews, 13 photos, 1 travelogue