"Rovereto and Villa Utttz" Rovereto by giampiero6

Rovereto Travel Guide: 6 reviews and 43 photos

Rovereto is a lovely tiny hamlet on the cliffs of the Ligurian Coast. Its location in the Ligurian Riviera, proximity to such places as the Cinque Terre, Rapallo and Portofino assure i's acclaim, but its real jewel is the little know and mysterious VIlla Utttz.

*the real mystery is, 'what is a lavativo?'

Guardian of the Villa Uttz

This enigmatic and strange figure is the guardian of the Villa Utttz. The staff he carries is a signifier of his rank and standing within his community and is the cause of much wonderment and awe.

Strange Ritual Head Gear

As Master of the Villa Utttz, the Guardian wears the trappings of his office. One such symbol is the silver crown he wears upon his head. Donned only on occasions of great importance, the silver crown is a symbol of wisdom, authority and noble lineage.

• Pros:Wonderful Company
  • Cons:Parking is difficult :-)
  • In a nutshell:A little known, but majestic site.
  • Last visit to Rovereto: Oct 2002
  • Intro Updated Jul 21, 2011

• Mar 14, 2006 at 6:02 PM

I like the helmet.

• Norali's Profile Photo
    Nov 14, 2005 at 2:23 PM

Must have been a unique experience, this stay at the Villa.

• cuckoo's Profile Photo
    Oct 4, 2004 at 9:00 AM

I'm sure I recognise the minion from the Villa Utttz, looks just like Chiara who I met in London!! Just getting a much needed Italian fix reading your pages. Great things here :-)

• craic's Profile Photo
    Jul 4, 2004 at 2:30 PM

Now I am confused. I have just been to Villa Utttz and I thought it was in Chiaveri. That's what I was told.

• iandsmith's Profile Photo
    Jan 12, 2004 at 10:48 PM

What a wank. I loved it.

• Aquamantos's Profile Photo
    May 29, 2003 at 1:05 PM

Very nice travelogue Giampiero! :o)

• tini58de's Profile Photo
    Jan 31, 2003 at 11:30 AM

well, I am a little puzzled - still enjoyed the nice pictures! And got the feeling, that you enjoyed yours stay, G!

• shrimp56's Profile Photo
    Jan 5, 2003 at 8:52 AM

I don't know whether to laugh myself silly or be green with envy that you have met the master ;)

• MEdelmann's Profile Photo
    Dec 31, 2002 at 2:14 PM

Interesting place! And I want to get to know Chiara and Paolo as soon as possible... Wonderful pics!

• rozehill's Profile Photo
    Dec 4, 2002 at 8:07 PM

Rovereto looks just as delightful as Camogli, did you get into mischief too????

giampiero6

“Say hi to Amelia Charlotte. She's happy, healthy, full of personality and growing like a weed!”

Badges & Stats in Rovereto

Have you been to Rovereto?

Latest Activity in Rovereto