"Calasetta, Sardegna" Calasetta by giampiero6
Calasetta Travel Guide: 21 reviews and 76 photos
Calasetta is a magnificent and beautiful spot on the small island, L'isola di Sant' Antioco, off the Southwestern Tip of Sardinia. It features beautiful little half moon beaches, superb water, some of the best food in the world and an open, relaxed and friendly folk. This place is the very essence of Mediterranean. It's dazzling sun glinting off turqoise water. It's perfumed arid landscape that comes alive at dawn. Long warm nights, brilliant colors, scents and tastes. Come here once and you'll never want to leave.
Calasetta is a quiet, lovely little spot where the pace of life is still dictated by the rhythms of the earth and sea, the seasons. It's full over wonderful, friendly, warm and open people. In the summer on cool evenings, the piazza and main street is filled with people strolling, chatting, flirting, from small children to 80 year olds. Groups of singers and guitar players stroll around serenading citizens on their balconies until all hours of the night. Times change, but I hope this place never does too much.
By Italian standards, Calasetta is a relatively recent settlement dating to the 1700's. The town was settled by Genoese colonists who had been expelled from the Tunisian island of Tabarka. (not the city) and later Piedmontese. The local dialect is still a kind of Genoese called Tabarkino that is spoken only here and in the town of Carloforte.
- Pros:Beautiful Sea, Macchia Mediterranea, Lovely People, Great Food!,
- Cons:None. OK sometimes it's toooo hot.
- In a nutshell:The Essence of 'Mediterranean'
The freshest seafood fished straight from the surrounding waters. Calasetta has an outstanding tradition as a world... more travel advice
Getting to Calasetta is relatively easy with the (being enhanced) Cagliari (soon to be) International Airport. It's a... more travel advice
giampiero6's Related Pages
Calasetta Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Calasetta, Sardegna"
- "Authentic Sardinia"
- "a taste of sardegna..."
- "Che paradiso! Per pochi..."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Calasetta
- Hotels in Calasetta
- Transportation in Calasetta
- Restaurants in Calasetta
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Calasetta
- 13 Reviews
- 40 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 94 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (13)
Have you been to Calasetta?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Calasetta
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: Hiya Folks"
- Commented on the Calasetta travel guide
- Uploaded a Photo to "Sea Food and Agriculture. The World's Finest"
- updated a Calasetta Travelogue "Fishing With My Cousins"
- Commented on one of jeffmartinartist's Calasetta travel pages
- Wrote a Review Sea Food and Agriculture. The World's Finest in Calasetta Restaurants
Photos in CalasettaSee All Photos (40)
Top 10 Pages
- Carisolo Intro, 17 reviews, 53 photos, 4 travelogues
- Los Angeles Intro, 24 reviews, 37 photos, 3 travelogues
- Calasetta Intro, 13 reviews, 40 photos, 2 travelogues
- Japan Intro, 17 reviews, 23 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Malibu Intro, 10 reviews, 17 photos
- Monument Valley State Park Intro, 7 reviews, 16 photos, 1 travelogue
- Kyoto Intro, 10 reviews, 12 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Venice Intro, 6 reviews, 15 photos, 1 travelogue
- Nevada Intro, 19 photos, 2 travelogues
- Goosenecks State Park Intro, 3 reviews, 13 photos, 1 travelogue