"Stupidly Fun? Yes, Thank you!" giampiero6's Profile

WELCOME. HERE'S ME
Hi. That's me with a some new best friends on Halloween. I used to have a photo of my floating through the air and flapping my arms like a plucked chicken on a cliff dive in Sardegna. It's one of my favorite places on the planet! I grew up in Kansas and in Italy, went to school in Rhode Island and have lived in New York, San Francisco, Los Angeles, Siena, the Alps and Sardegna. I was born in the US, but am a dual citizen of Italy, where my family lives. I've roadtripped across the US a lot by car and motorcycle. and love the open road. See you all out there!

HERE'S SOME FUNNY STUFF TO CHECK OUT

1. The World Famous Balut MADNESS Video!
So nice, I ate it twice!

2. WE WON THE INDIAN AUTORICKSHAW CHALLENGE AS TEAM NAMASCAR!
(Nascar + Namascar, get it?)

3. Tony Tetro. The World's Greatest Art Forger
Tony was huge in the 70's -80's.!

4. My Sizzler at Sea Travelogue
It's about a regrettable cruise

5. Halloween Insanity on my West Hollywood Page
You have to check this party out!

AND HERE'S SOME PURE POETRY FOR YOU

I'm so bad,
I make medicine sick!

--Muhammad Ali

Leaping to the Rescue Around the World

Over the last couple of years, I've been roaming around a fair bit. That picture to the left is from Ohrid, Macedonia where we just had an excellent EuroMeet! I'm always up for fun and adventure. Don't be surprised if you see me near you.. Hope to see you soon, somewhere!

My First Passport Photo

Here I am in my early intrepid traveler mode with my brothers. I thought it was cool that we had a passport for the 3 of us. As I say in my VT staff bio, I fondly recall the space age TWA terminal at JFK. It was exotic and romantic to travel by plane in those days. I love those faded 70's photos of us waving from the silver stairs of some jet! We used to travel back and forth to Italy from Kansas City on this passport!

Calasetta, Sardegna

I'm starting to update my Calasetta, Sardegna page. Calasetta is a magnificent and beautiful spot on the small island, L'isola di Sant' Antioco. It features beautiful little half moon beaches, superb water, some of the best food in the world and a relaxed and friendly folk. Please be patient...

Carisolo, Trentino

I've been putting my Carisolo page into shape. Carisolo is a glorious, small village in the Trentino Region of the Italian Alps where I spent a lot of my child hood. Superlatives do not suffice here. I'm organizing this page and adding lots of tips. I think the Local Customs tips are the most interesting. It's a real heart felt page.

3 Musketeers in Calasetta, Sardegna

Well there we are. (no not the ones in white) So young so innocent, just started out in life. Well we've had our ups and down, but I can surely say that we fared better than the lambs. Check out my Calasetta, Sardegna Page

My Nephews Are Awesome

You might see some monkeys around my pages. Those are my nephews. You can't help but like them. I think they're real cool anyway...

A final note about friends. If we haven't at least exchanged an email or two or said 'hello' to each other, I won't be adding you to my friends list. It's not personal, but I assume, it's a mistake or misclick unless we've spoken first.

My 400,000 New Best Friends

I love love love Halloween. It's my favorite holiday, when everyone lets their inner freak out. This leads to delghtful times, as history has confirmed. For costumed hijinx and jackassery have a look at Halloween Insanity on my West Hollywood Page

• Intro Updated Jul 8, 2013

• jojes's Profile Photo
    Apr 6, 2014 at 12:42 PM

Lovely smile on your little one's face! How are you all doing? Time flies with those little ones, so enjoy it to the fullest!

• roamer61's Profile Photo
    Mar 31, 2014 at 3:28 PM

Your daughter is adorable.

Mar 31, 2014 at 3:36 PM

Thanks for the kind words. We're pretty smitten.

• roamer61's Profile Photo
      Mar 31, 2014 at 3:49 PM

Cant wait until my niece in Florida has one. My mother is waiting to become a great grandmother.

• kahnjetta's Profile Photo
    Mar 18, 2014 at 4:49 PM

Love your new profile pic:))

• Basaic's Profile Photo
    Mar 12, 2014 at 12:02 PM

Great photo of the little one!

Mar 11, 2014 at 9:12 PM

Thank you everyone for your well wishes. We are having a great time with the baby. She is full of personality and a joy to be with. She's already started on her travel adventures with more to come soon. Look forward to sharing with you...

• jo104's Profile Photo
      Mar 11, 2014 at 9:44 PM

Congratulations on your bundle of joy :)

• vichatherly's Profile Photo
      Mar 12, 2014 at 6:18 AM

Many congrats on your new travel buddy ... i'm a week away from number 2 .. our first one loves travelling on the trains

• Treshi's Profile Photo
    Mar 11, 2014 at 8:35 PM

A personal note to wish you and family congratulations for the baby...sorry for the late wishes and I hope she is not keeping you up!! Greetings from Sri Lanka..

• Belsaita's Profile Photo
    Mar 11, 2014 at 10:50 AM

Hola! I'm a bit late... CONGRATULATIONS Giampiero and Denise! Welcome to the world Amelia Charlotte!

Mar 11, 2014 at 7:00 PM

Thank you...she's a real joy...full of personality and a great spirit. She's definitely a traveler!

• goodfish's Profile Photo
    Mar 5, 2014 at 1:54 PM

We're due for a new photo of your offspring. She's probably dating by now.

• goodfish's Profile Photo
      Mar 12, 2014 at 7:16 AM

She's a twinkle! Hope she ends up with more hair than papa, though. :O)

Mar 31, 2014 at 3:36 PM

So far we're about tied :) I think she has more promise though!

• jumpingnorman's Profile Photo
    Feb 27, 2014 at 6:34 PM

Congratulations on the new baby!!! Adorable :)

Mar 11, 2014 at 7:01 PM

:) She's a potential great future jumper...already pretty steady on her feet !

• jumpingnorman's Profile Photo
      Mar 23, 2014 at 11:05 PM

awesome, haha :) Create beautiful memories with her :)

• planxty's Profile Photo
    Feb 20, 2014 at 6:30 PM

Hello again G, just caught up with the news (you know I'm always a bit behind) so many, many congratulations to you and your good lady on the little one, she is absolutely adorable.

Speak soon,

fergy.

Mar 11, 2014 at 7:01 PM

Thank you! we're having a great time...the baby keeps mumbling something about wanting to meet uncle fergy :)

• planxty's Profile Photo
      Mar 12, 2014 at 6:05 AM

Oh dear, oh dear but not the first time it has happened. I have lost count of how many youngsters i am honorary uncle to lol. So glad parenthood is suiting you.

Speak soon,

fergy.

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!
giampiero6's Profile Photo

giampiero6

“Say hi to Amelia Charlotte. She's happy, healthy, full of personality and growing like a weed!”

Real Name