"Stupidly Fun? Yes, Thank you!" giampiero6's Profile
WELCOME. HERE'S ME
Hi. That's me with a some new best friends on Halloween. I used to have a photo of my floating through the air and flapping my arms like a plucked chicken on a cliff dive in Sardegna. It's one of my favorite places on the planet! I grew up in Kansas and in Italy, went to school in Rhode Island and have lived in New York, San Francisco, Los Angeles, Siena, the Alps and Sardegna. I was born in the US, but am a dual citizen of Italy, where my family lives. I've roadtripped across the US a lot by car and motorcycle. and love the open road. See you all out there!
HERE'S SOME FUNNY STUFF TO CHECK OUT
1. The World Famous Balut MADNESS Video!
So nice, I ate it twice!
2. WE WON THE INDIAN AUTORICKSHAW CHALLENGE AS TEAM NAMASCAR!
(Nascar + Namascar, get it?)
3. Tony Tetro. The World's Greatest Art Forger
Tony was huge in the 70's -80's.!
4. My Sizzler at Sea Travelogue
It's about a regrettable cruise
5. Halloween Insanity on my West Hollywood Page
You have to check this party out!
AND HERE'S SOME PURE POETRY FOR YOU
I wrestled an alligator.
I tussled with a whale;
put thunder in jail.
I murdered a rock,
Injured a brick.
I'm so bad,
I make medicine sick!
Over the last couple of years, I've been roaming around a fair bit. That picture to the left is from Ohrid, Macedonia where we just had an excellent EuroMeet! I'm always up for fun and adventure. Don't be surprised if you see me near you.. Hope to see you soon, somewhere!
Here I am in my early intrepid traveler mode with my brothers. I thought it was cool that we had a passport for the 3 of us. As I say in my VT staff bio, I fondly recall the space age TWA terminal at JFK. It was exotic and romantic to travel by plane in those days. I love those faded 70's photos of us waving from the silver stairs of some jet! We used to travel back and forth to Italy from Kansas City on this passport!
I'm starting to update my Calasetta, Sardegna page. Calasetta is a magnificent and beautiful spot on the small island, L'isola di Sant' Antioco. It features beautiful little half moon beaches, superb water, some of the best food in the world and a relaxed and friendly folk. Please be patient...
I've been putting my Carisolo page into shape. Carisolo is a glorious, small village in the Trentino Region of the Italian Alps where I spent a lot of my child hood. Superlatives do not suffice here. I'm organizing this page and adding lots of tips. I think the Local Customs tips are the most interesting. It's a real heart felt page.
Well there we are. (no not the ones in white) So young so innocent, just started out in life. Well we've had our ups and down, but I can surely say that we fared better than the lambs. Check out my Calasetta, Sardegna Page
You might see some monkeys around my pages. Those are my nephews. You can't help but like them. I think they're real cool anyway...
A final note about friends. If we haven't at least exchanged an email or two or said 'hello' to each other, I won't be adding you to my friends list. It's not personal, but I assume, it's a mistake or misclick unless we've spoken first.
Top Travel Pages
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
“Say hi to Amelia Charlotte. She's happy, healthy, full of personality and growing like a weed!”
- Member Rank:
- 0 1 1 5 3
- Forum Rank:
- 0 0 2 6 4
- Real Name
- Giampiero SpaceMonkey
- Venice, California
- Member Since
- Jan 1, 1998
- 171 Reviews
- 567 Photos
- Add Friend
- Send Message
Badges & Stats
- 171 Reviews
- 567 Photos
- 9 Countries
- 39 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (13)
- Commented on giampiero6's profile page
- created a Grand Canyon National Park Travel Page "Grand Canyon with My Adventurous Amelia"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Grand Canyon with My Adventurous Amelia"
updated their Personal Page "VirtualTourist History and Lessons Learned"
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: Hiya Folks"
- giampiero6 and Dthey are now friends.
- Commented on the Los Angeles travel guide
- Wrote a Review test about Restaurant Etiquette in Los Angeles Local Customs
- Uploaded a Video to El Segundo
VideosSee All Videos (15)
Top 10 Pages
- Carisolo Intro, 17 reviews, 53 photos, 4 travelogues
- Los Angeles Intro, 24 reviews, 37 photos, 3 travelogues
- Calasetta Intro, 13 reviews, 40 photos, 2 travelogues
- Japan Intro, 17 reviews, 23 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Malibu Intro, 10 reviews, 17 photos
- Monument Valley State Park Intro, 7 reviews, 16 photos, 1 travelogue
- Kyoto Intro, 10 reviews, 12 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Venice Intro, 6 reviews, 15 photos, 1 travelogue
- Nevada Intro, 19 photos, 2 travelogues
- Goosenecks State Park Intro, 3 reviews, 13 photos, 1 travelogue