"I wish I lived in Notting Hill, or Holland Park," bluejaxx's Profile

I love architecture

Hello everyone in VT world. I decided to share my travels with the world instead of just writting about it in my travel journal for only my friends to see. I have just started to put my pages together and will be doing so between working and going to school.I love to travel and hope to put more time into it when I graduate with my masters degree. So far I have been to 6 countries outside of the US but hope to make that number much larger.

I have been to: England, Wales,Belgium, France, Sweden, Spain, Canada and to Mexico(but only for 1 day and the town was right over the border)

One of my favorite cities in the world is London and I love looking at all of the beautiful architecture. The buildings are so historic and beautiful. I could fill my picture book a hundred times over with the buildings I've seen that I adore. My favorite buildings are the brownstones in Central London in the Regents Park area and the High Street Kensington area. I wish I would have bought my camera when I visited Notting Hill because the homes were stunning in bright colors. It seemed like the people who lived in these homes wanted you to look inside to see what the interior looked like because they kept their curtains wide open so you could see their new kitchens and livingroom furniture. I am a huge architecture buff and have since discovered the beautiful plantation slash carribean style homes in Key West. One day I may just compose my own book of my favorite archictectural sites.

Facts about me

1. I hate beer, anything that looks like urine I can't drink, I
sometimes even have problems with apple juice

2.I love gourmet gummi bears

3.I hate wet towels that are cold

4. I am also a burgeoning photographer

5.I just recieved my masters degree in public health

6. I miss the ocean, since now I have been living in the desert for 16
years

7. my favorite animal is the leopard (or any of the big cats)

8. I love traveling on subways, i know this sounds strange but in a city
where you have to drive everywhere (Phoenix) not having to worry about
parking and gas is a great relief

9. I have never tried smoking and don't drink

10. I love indian and ethiopian food

11.when I retire I would like to write travel articles for travel
magazines (already getting practice on VT)

12. I prefer to travel in a group of two or three, you have someone to
take pictures of you in front of monuments

13. I have never seen snow

2 :(

19. I hadn't seen autumn in 15 years until I worked in England

20. My lucky number is 11 even though I am 28

And very soon I will have been to the 4 corners of the US: California,
Florida, Massachusets (not quite the extreme north corner but close) and
this summer, Seattle Washingtion.So these are 20 facts about me.

It never rained in Spain

This church is named after me! I love madrid. Very clean and kid friendly and easy to navigate (and wide) and cheap prices.

Beacon Hill

Upscale neighborhood in Boston with is a federally protected neighborhood that has maintained the appearance of the 1800's. Gorgeous brownstones!

Countries I would like to visit

My ultimate goal is to go to at least 30 countries in my lifetime. I would love to take a food tour of Italy, go to the south of France and then take a trip to Germany because I took German for 3 years in school and would love to practice it. The countries in Africa I would like to visit are: Egypt, Kenya, Morocco, and South Africa. The Asian countries I would like to visit are India, Sri Lanka (one of my friends family is from there), China and Thailand. The south american countries I would like to visit are Brazil, Arentina and Panama. The carribean countries I would like to visit are Turks and Caicos, the Dominican Republic, Costa Rica, Puerto Rico, the US Virgin Islands (my dad grew up there), Bonnaire, and Bermuda.

I am planning to visit Seattle Washington this summer, with hopefully a quick trip to Vancouver Canada

Airlines

Favorite Airline: American Airlines, favorite route is from Phoenix AZ, to London Heathrow (TV's on the back of every seat of the 777 airplanes)

Favorite Airport: Chicago O'Hare, Im always reminded of the Home Alone movie when I travel through it

Least Favorite Airport: Boston Logan, very difficult to navigate

Least Favorite Airline: US Airways: The service has gone down very much since they filed for bankrupcy and they are probably the reason that you have to pay extra to get a meal on most domestic flights in the US :(

Best Airline Food: American Airlines (especially on oversease flights and the cookies are great)

Worst Airline Food: SAS Airlines, unrecognizable meals, I wasn't sure what I was eating

• Intro Updated Sep 24, 2007

• Agraichen's Profile Photo
    Sep 9, 2012 at 9:31 AM

Heading up to Pacific Beach today to check out the Brazilian Festival.

• sayedaburas's Profile Photo
    Jul 13, 2008 at 10:28 PM

C! You are warmly welcome to Egypt and hope I would bid a warm welcome (~_~)

• Vulindlela's Profile Photo
    Sep 25, 2007 at 3:06 PM

Thanks for the Birthday wish! We just stayed home. We are off to Paris next month though.

• King_Golo's Profile Photo
    Jun 28, 2007 at 12:05 AM

Minolta Dimage Z1. But I'm thinking about buying a new one as mine is already almost 4 years old.

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!
bluejaxx's Profile Photo

bluejaxx

“Travel until you drop dead”

Real Name