"I wish I lived in Notting Hill, or Holland Park," bluejaxx's Profile
Hello everyone in VT world. I decided to share my travels with the world instead of just writting about it in my travel journal for only my friends to see. I have just started to put my pages together and will be doing so between working and going to school.I love to travel and hope to put more time into it when I graduate with my masters degree. So far I have been to 6 countries outside of the US but hope to make that number much larger.
I have been to: England, Wales,Belgium, France, Sweden, Spain, Canada and to Mexico(but only for 1 day and the town was right over the border)
One of my favorite cities in the world is London and I love looking at all of the beautiful architecture. The buildings are so historic and beautiful. I could fill my picture book a hundred times over with the buildings I've seen that I adore. My favorite buildings are the brownstones in Central London in the Regents Park area and the High Street Kensington area. I wish I would have bought my camera when I visited Notting Hill because the homes were stunning in bright colors. It seemed like the people who lived in these homes wanted you to look inside to see what the interior looked like because they kept their curtains wide open so you could see their new kitchens and livingroom furniture. I am a huge architecture buff and have since discovered the beautiful plantation slash carribean style homes in Key West. One day I may just compose my own book of my favorite archictectural sites.
Facts about me
1. I hate beer, anything that looks like urine I can't drink, I
sometimes even have problems with apple juice
2.I love gourmet gummi bears
3.I hate wet towels that are cold
4. I am also a burgeoning photographer
5.I just recieved my masters degree in public health
6. I miss the ocean, since now I have been living in the desert for 16
7. my favorite animal is the leopard (or any of the big cats)
8. I love traveling on subways, i know this sounds strange but in a city
where you have to drive everywhere (Phoenix) not having to worry about
parking and gas is a great relief
9. I have never tried smoking and don't drink
10. I love indian and ethiopian food
11.when I retire I would like to write travel articles for travel
magazines (already getting practice on VT)
12. I prefer to travel in a group of two or three, you have someone to
take pictures of you in front of monuments
13. I have never seen snow
14. I like passion fruit tea from the republic of tea
15. I collect postcards
16. I would llike to improve on my French, Spanish and German
17. Golf is the most boring sport, but of course my father loves it
18. I wish I could get 5 weeks of vacatijon a year to travel, I only get
19. I hadn't seen autumn in 15 years until I worked in England
20. My lucky number is 11 even though I am 28
And very soon I will have been to the 4 corners of the US: California,
Florida, Massachusets (not quite the extreme north corner but close) and
this summer, Seattle Washingtion.So these are 20 facts about me.
This church is named after me! I love madrid. Very clean and kid friendly and easy to navigate (and wide) and cheap prices.
Upscale neighborhood in Boston with is a federally protected neighborhood that has maintained the appearance of the 1800's. Gorgeous brownstones!
My ultimate goal is to go to at least 30 countries in my lifetime. I would love to take a food tour of Italy, go to the south of France and then take a trip to Germany because I took German for 3 years in school and would love to practice it. The countries in Africa I would like to visit are: Egypt, Kenya, Morocco, and South Africa. The Asian countries I would like to visit are India, Sri Lanka (one of my friends family is from there), China and Thailand. The south american countries I would like to visit are Brazil, Arentina and Panama. The carribean countries I would like to visit are Turks and Caicos, the Dominican Republic, Costa Rica, Puerto Rico, the US Virgin Islands (my dad grew up there), Bonnaire, and Bermuda.
I am planning to visit Seattle Washington this summer, with hopefully a quick trip to Vancouver Canada
Favorite Airline: American Airlines, favorite route is from Phoenix AZ, to London Heathrow (TV's on the back of every seat of the 777 airplanes)
Favorite Airport: Chicago O'Hare, Im always reminded of the Home Alone movie when I travel through it
Least Favorite Airport: Boston Logan, very difficult to navigate
Least Favorite Airline: US Airways: The service has gone down very much since they filed for bankrupcy and they are probably the reason that you have to pay extra to get a meal on most domestic flights in the US :(
Best Airline Food: American Airlines (especially on oversease flights and the cookies are great)
Worst Airline Food: SAS Airlines, unrecognizable meals, I wasn't sure what I was eating
Top Travel Pages
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 33 Reviews
- 31 Photos
- 6 Countries
- 9 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
- Posted in Travel San Diego Forum "Affordable Restarants on Pacific..."
- bluejaxx and Carmanah are now friends.
- Commented on sayedaburas's profile page
updated their Profile Page "I wish I lived in Notting Hill, or Holland Park,"
- created a Brussels Travel Page "Chocolate and Fries"
- Uploaded a Photo to "A tiny town on an island"
- Wrote a Review Great Hatian food in the south beach area in Miami Beach Restaurants
Top 5 Pages
- Madrid Intro, 5 reviews, 7 photos
- Key West Intro, 9 reviews, 2 photos
- London Intro, 3 reviews, 6 photos
- Phoenix Intro, 6 reviews, 2 photos
- Boston Intro, 2 reviews, 5 photos