"Al-Hoceima" Al Hoceima by earthflyer

Al Hoceima Travel Guide: 10 reviews and 10 photos

Al-Hoceima
After spending the last couple of days travelling through the Rif mountains I found Al-Hoceima a very nice place to stay in. I didn't quite know what to expect from this town I only see one photo and thought why not stop off and see what is here, after all it is on my route to the Algerian border.

After further reading in my guide book, Al-Hoceima is a port town with a ferry service to Almeria and Malaga in Spain and so is popular holiday destination for the Spanish and local Moroccans but the ferry service don't run in the winter months. Like most port towns I have come across in Morocco I can't resisted having a good look around the fishing harbour and see the locals bringing in the days catch and looking after there boats ready for the next trip.

The town of Al-Hoceima is a small place over looking the town beach and fishing harbour and everything is in walking distance. The town itself has quite a modern feel to the place, where you can get anything you need here.

When I got off the bus here in Al-Hoceima I was planning to stay for a couple of days since it was Christmas Eve but after finding the town is a small place with not a lot to see and do and knowing very little about the place I decided to only spend the one night here and head onto Nador the next day just a few hours along the coast but neverless Al-Hoceima is worth a stop.

More Destinations In Morocco

BERKANE
Zegzel Gorge

• Last visit to Al Hoceima: Dec 2008
  • Intro Updated Sep 24, 2011

Comments

earthflyer

“You only get one crack at life, so make the most of it and enjoy it.”

Badges & Stats in Al Hoceima

Have you been to Al Hoceima?

Latest Activity in Al Hoceima