"Asilah" Asilah by earthflyer

Asilah Travel Guide: 105 reviews and 324 photos

Asilah
My journey to Asilah is very short but I have a lot planned for the day as I also visit the nearby town or Larache and the Roman ruins of Lixus. The trip from Tangier to Asilah was quite easy and considering it is only about 45 minutes away I decided not to bother with local buses but instead take the grand taxi, expensive but no hassle. As the grand taxi was driving down along the coastline, the beaches stretched for miles with no developments insight but the taxi driver did say the goverment have big plans for the future.

I only stay one night in Asilah because it is a small town and I have other places I want to travel to after here. The grand taxi drops me off at the hotel Sahara where I stay for the night and straight away I go walkabout around the medina of Asilah which is a wonderful place to get lost in. The medina is all painted white with blue or green doors and the streets are very clean.

Asilah has become a fravourite destination for many tourists and artist for which some have settled here for good. My visit here in december was perfect, I had no problem getting around or being hassle by anyone apart from the cake seller, but I could imagine Aslish being very busy in the summer months when most tourist flock to Morocco. By the time I walked around Asilah it was getting on for midday and I wanted to get another grand taxi and head down the coast abit more to Larache and see the Roman ruins of Lixus. You can find my pages on these places down below.

More Destinations In Morocco

BERKANE
Zegzel Gorge

• Last visit to Asilah: Dec 2008
  • Intro Updated Sep 24, 2011

Comments

earthflyer

“You only get one crack at life, so make the most of it and enjoy it.”

Badges & Stats in Asilah