"Rabat" Rabat by earthflyer
Rabat Travel Guide: 507 reviews and 1,142 photos
For a capital city like Rabat I was pleasently surprised how very clean and bright it was, It might be the cleaniest city in all of Morocco apart from Asilah.
Rabat is worth atleast a couple of days, there is plenty to do in city and I found the best way to see it all was by foot and that was alot of walking but worth it. Some of the sites and areas to see are The Medina, Kasbah des Oudaias, Ville Nouvelle, Mausoleum of Mohammed V and a walk on long the river. One thing I do recall is that I never got hassle by anyone.
While I was staying here in Rabat there was a small gathering of demostraiters outside one of goverment buildings but nothing big and ugly but I wouldn't suggest to anymore to get involved but to stay away from it because you will only land yourself in big trouble.
Essaouira - Marrakesh - Agadir - Merzouga - Boumalne
Ouarzazate - Fes - Meknes - Tangiers - Casablanca
Moulay Idriss - Volubilis - Skoura - Tinerhir - N'kob
Al-Hoceima - Asilah - Chefchaouen - Larache - Lixus
Nador - Oujda - Safi - Taza - Tetouan
The Kasbah is worth a walk around and the Almohad gate of Bab Oudaia is magnificent to see and inside the area you will... more travel advice
There are 8 trains departing for Marrakech from Rabat Vile Station. Journey time is 4 hours 30mins. Tickets are around... more travel advice
earthflyer's Related Pages
Rabat Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Rabat, an introduction to Morocco"
- "Very interesting capital city :-)"
- "R a b a t"
- "Keeweechic's Rabat"
- "The perfect introduction to Morocco"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Rabat
- Hotels in Rabat
- Transportation in Rabat
- Nightlife in Rabat
- Restaurants in Rabat
- Shopping in Rabat
- Warnings and Dangers in Rabat
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Rabat
- 23 Reviews
- 6 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (27)
Have you been to Rabat?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Rabat
Top 10 Pages
- Marrakesh Intro, 36 reviews, 49 photos
- Essaouira Intro, 23 reviews, 52 photos
- Leh Intro, 48 photos, 9 travelogues
- Agadir Intro, 20 reviews, 23 photos
- Casablanca Intro, 29 reviews, 6 photos
- Kolkata (Calcutta) Intro, 34 photos, 8 travelogues
- Bagan Intro, 32 photos, 10 travelogues
- Burma Intro, 30 photos, 7 travelogues
- Ruines d' Angkor Intro, 30 photos, 10 travelogues
- Vietnam Intro, 29 photos, 7 travelogues