"Taza" Taza by earthflyer

Taza Travel Guide: 56 reviews and 87 photos

Taza
For the first time on this trip and all other trips I have done in Morocco I am taking the train and going 1st class to Taza. It is only a 4 hour trip but it was very comfortable, why I have never done this before I don't know but it was a big change from the bus. Like the old style of trains we had back in the 1980's i shared a cabin with 5 others with plenty of room all round and a huge window to look out of with no curtains or blinds to keep the sun out which I like very much. On the buses everybody closes the curtains because the locals don't like the sun and that frustrates me because I like to see where I am going.

I arrived into Taza around noon and walked into the town centre and found the hotel Dauphine where I will stay the one night, the room is ok but nothing special. After dumping my bags I first go looking for the CTM booking office and arrange a ticket to fes for the next day but for some reason there is only one bus coming from the east that does not arrive until 2:30pm. That means a day lost hanging around for a 2 hour bus trip.

After getting my bus ticket I hit the road and headed straight for the hill the main reason for stopping here. On top of this hill are the ruined medina walls which are very well preserved and standout for everybody to see from quite a distance. Inside these walls are all the usual things you expect to see in a medina, Mosque, Souks, etc... but the views are superb looking over the town of Taza and with the Middle Atlas and Rif Mountains in the background (checkout the Video of Taza for a better surrounding view).

Taza did not look like a place that gets many tourist as I didn't see any other travellers here but it has got everything you need. Taza is worth a stop but only for a half day or one night other than that it has nothing else worth staying for but is a nice quite town to visit.

More Destinations In Morocco

• Last visit to Taza: Dec 2008
  • Intro Updated Sep 24, 2011

• Deneen1's Profile Photo
    Sep 16, 2010 at 1:08 PM

So I'm thinking about a day trip out of Fes to Taza, just taking the train. You're picture is beautiful. :)

• Durfun's Profile Photo
    Feb 2, 2010 at 2:19 PM

Taza means fresh/ripe in Hindi!!

earthflyer

“You only get one crack at life, so make the most of it and enjoy it.”

Badges & Stats in Taza