"Tetouan" Tetouan by earthflyer

Tetouan Travel Guide: 109 reviews and 310 photos

Tetouan
I started my day in Asilah and thought it would be a straight forward trip to Tetouan, but no I had to return back to Tangier to a bus station on the outskirts of town then take a bus from there onto Tetouan.

I spent little time in Tetouan much because I got harrassed by a local tout who was using bad languagge because I would not stay at the hotel he was recommending and then to make things worst when I got up the hill into the town I was being followed by another Moroccan. After walking around a couple of blocks he was still following me and then I turned around and confronted him and he just ran away.

I eventually found a hotel for the night and went out exploring around the town and medina area but to be honest I couldn't wait to leave the next morning and get out of Tetouan. In all my travels around Morocco I have never encountered anything like this before what I came across in Tetouan and I find the Moroccan people all over the country very friendly and polite but these two guys in Tetouan have left a bad impression on the place for me and can't say that I will be back.

Tetouan looked like a nice town to stay for a day or 2 with the surround Rif Mountains but the weather here is not so great today with low cloud making it cold and damp and unfortunally a miserable day.

More Destinations In Morocco

BERKANE
Zegzel Gorge

• Last visit to Tetouan: Dec 2008
  • Intro Updated Sep 24, 2011

Comments

earthflyer

“You only get one crack at life, so make the most of it and enjoy it.”

Badges & Stats in Tetouan

Have you been to Tetouan?

Latest Activity in Tetouan