"Volubilis" Volubilis by earthflyer
Volubilis Travel Guide: 50 reviews and 217 photos
If you are big into Roman history then Volubilis is the place to come. in 1997 Unesco declared Volubilis a World Heritage site for being so well preserved. The site contains many beautiful Mosiacs and the Triumphal Arch, but you can also make out the roads and buildings. Archaeologist continue to dig here but the finds go on display at the archaeology museum in Rabat.
you can visit from nearby Meknes and combine it with a visit to Moulay Idriss which is only a few km away, but there is no accommodation here or shops for that matter. I can here in December 2004 and the landscape surrounding Volubilis was lush green and not a single sole was insight, I had the whole site to myself to explore.
Essaouira - Marrakesh - Agadir - Merzouga - Boumalne
Ouarzazate - Fes - Meknes - Tangiers - Casablanca
Moulay Idriss - Rabat - Skoura - Tinerhir - N'kob
Al-Hoceima - Asilah - Chefchaouen - Larache - Lixus
Nador - Oujda - Safi -Taza - Tetouan
earthflyer's Related Pages
Volubilis Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Volubilis - great "Leftovers" from the Roman times"
- "Volubuis, Roman Ghost Town in Morocco"
- "Volubilis the great Roman city"
- "UNESCO Heritage Site - Volubilis"
- "The anthic city of volubilis"
- "One of the most beautiful ancien Roman Sites"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Volubilis
- Hotels in Volubilis
- Transportation in Volubilis
- Restaurants in Volubilis
- Shopping in Volubilis
- Warnings and Dangers in Volubilis
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Volubilis
- 0 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (25)
Have you been to Volubilis?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Volubilis
Top 10 Pages
- Marrakesh Intro, 36 reviews, 49 photos
- Essaouira Intro, 23 reviews, 52 photos
- Leh Intro, 48 photos, 9 travelogues
- Agadir Intro, 20 reviews, 23 photos
- Casablanca Intro, 29 reviews, 6 photos
- Kolkata (Calcutta) Intro, 34 photos, 8 travelogues
- Bagan Intro, 32 photos, 10 travelogues
- Burma Intro, 30 photos, 7 travelogues
- Ruines d' Angkor Intro, 30 photos, 10 travelogues
- Vietnam Intro, 29 photos, 7 travelogues