"Welcome to earthflyer's home page" earthflyer's Profile

Earthflyer is back, and will be on the road in 2014 and beyond.

2012 was the last time I was on the road which saw me returning back to India for my 7th and final trip to the country and I saved the best for last. Rajasthan was absolutely brilliant. India has been one of the most fantastic countries I have ever visited but the time has come to close the door on that part of the world. I hope to return back to India in about 20 years time and see how much of it has change. India has been a brilliant experience in my life and I hope everyone who travels should always add India to their list, it absolutely awesome country to visit, always a celebration going on somewhere.

2013 was the year of The Blank Diary, no photos, no words, no small drawings, no titles or maps just empty pages of nothing, It was a miserable year on the travel side of things, didn't have a holiday or even have a day out all year but the good thing was it came and went in a flash, a year to forget.

2014 ye ha! things are looking up this year and I will be back on the road again and it's time to start a new chapter. I have spent a lot of time over last few years exploring South Asia and South East Asia and still continue to find places of interest in theses areas but it is time to start a new chapter and explore a new culture. So for the next 10 years I will be travelling around Europe starting of with a two part trip to Northern Spain. The first part will be a 3 week trip starting from Bordeaux in France to Madrid in Spain visiting Biarritz (France), San Sebastion (Spain), Pamplona, Logrono, Bilbao, Santander, Burgos, Valladolid, Sergovia, Avila and finally Madrid.

2015 will see me doing the 2nd part of the trip to Northern Spain for another 3 weeks again this time starting in Madrid and continue to Salamanca, Zamora, Leon, Gijon, Oviedo, A Coruna, Betanzos, Santiago, Muros, Ourense, Vigo, Pontevedra, Rianxo, and finally finish back in Santiago to fly home. Their are plans for two further trips to Spain in the future both in the South starting from Madrid to Gibraltar and the other from Barcelona down to Malaga but maybe do these trips in around 5 or 6 years time.

2014 is also the year of the big FOUR ZERO thats right I'm turning 40 and getting old, middle age has arrived, so to celebrate I'm going to have an extra holiday. I will spend 8 nights in Saint-Malo in Brittany, Northern France and use it as a base to visit The Channel Islands, Dinan, Combourg, Fougeres, Mont Saint-Michel and Saint-Lunaire so very much and a French and Spanish affair this year on the travel front.

Four months into 2014 and I have hit trouble with my current plans. Spain is on hold until next year as I am finding, planning a holiday in Europe extremely expensive after travelling so cheaply in Asia for so long but this does mean I will be extending my time in Saint Malo (France) to 2 weeks and see a little more of Brittany. As for my plans for Spain I will need to save a little more and plan for a smaller trip.

Over the course of the year and probably into the following year I will be adding new pages to my India collection all about Rajasthan and where I had visited on that trip in 2012 and hopefully I will also go back and finish off the pages I created a few years ago.

Thanks for visiting and enjoy my VT pages .

earthflyer

Fort Agra
Delhi
Delhi - Main Bazaar

• Intro Updated Apr 14, 2014

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!
earthflyer's Profile Photo

earthflyer

“You only get one crack at life, so make the most of it and enjoy it.”

Real Name