"Travel Notes from Ataco" Concepción de Ataco by gdilieto
Concepción de Ataco Travel Guide: 16 reviews and 62 photos
At time of writing there is in the VT community no member living in and only one page about (Concepcion de) Ataco. At time of my visit - May 2007 - there were in Ataco neither multi-star hotels, nor trendy restaurants, nor clubs, nor other establishments for tourists other than few coffee and souvenir shops. The day I was there, I spot no foreign tourists other than me.
You end up in Ataco almost by chance. Coming from San Salvador it's the last of the five villages of the so called Ruta de las Flores (Flowers Route) - a scenic hill drive that the locals have been developing as tourist destination - and, after visiting few of the villages on the way, you may have already turned on your way back by the time it is time to leave to Ataco.
Ataco is a little gem, a picturesque colonial village where the in-progress gentrification has not (yet) wiped away the flavor of a local place living at his own pace. You don't need a tourist guide to plan your visit since there are no sights or attractions worth describing. A central square with a church, a grid of streets with colorful single-storey houses, hills all around and a cool climate. I arrived in Ataco in a rainy afternoon with nobody around. Then the rain stop and people started pouring from all over the place into the streets with the village turning on life with street and food vendors, children and people everywhere.
Ataco is a place to relax, enjoy local life and let time go by. I suspect though that it won't last much and the gem will soon be unveiled.
I am attaching a selection from my Ataco Photo Gallery for a better insight. Click here instead to go to My El Salvador Page. Thank you for visiting my pages.
- In a nutshell:A Hidden Gem
To get to/from Ataco, the alternative to private car and taxis is the bus. Bus line to Ataco is the one which serves the... more travel advice
You don't need anything else but the soles of your shoes to get around Ataco, but in the event, you will find mototaxis... more travel advice
gdilieto's Related Pages
Concepción de Ataco Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Travel Notes from Ataco"
- "Concepción de Ataco, End of the Flower Route"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Concepción de Ataco
- Hotels in Concepción de Ataco
- Transportation in Concepción de Ataco
- Restaurants in Concepción de Ataco
- Shopping in Concepción de Ataco
- Warnings and Dangers in Concepción de Ataco
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Concepción de Ataco
- 9 Reviews
- 35 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (10)
Have you been to Concepción de Ataco?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Concepción de Ataco
Top 10 Pages
- Granada Intro, 23 reviews, 93 photos, 4 travelogues
- Panamá City Intro, 16 reviews, 90 photos, 4 travelogues
- Cartagena Intro, 18 reviews, 86 photos, 5 travelogues
- San Juan Intro, 16 reviews, 87 photos, 5 travelogues
- Creel Intro, 17 reviews, 73 photos, 3 travelogues
- Pulau Langkawi Intro, 13 reviews, 60 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Guanajuato Intro, 14 reviews, 51 photos, 1 travelogue
- Lago de Atitlán Intro, 11 reviews, 52 photos, 3 travelogues
- Tlacotalpan Intro, 9 reviews, 47 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ponce Intro, 8 reviews, 41 photos, 2 travelogues
No friends yet.