"Travel Notes from Nahuizalco" Nahuizalco by gdilieto
Nahuizalco Travel Guide: 2 reviews and 14 photos
Nahuizalco is the first of the villages of the so-called Ruta de las Flores, when coming from San Salvador. It is a small village with a significant indigenous population whose attractions are wicker handicraft and forniture and the street market. The average tourist will likely like the villages of Juayua and Ataco, further down the Ruta de las Flores, better than Nahuizalco but, especially the market, crowded and bustling in the weekend days, provides a terrific opportunity for an insight of local life as well as subjects for some good photos (See my Nahuizalco Photo Gallery).
The picture aside shows a kind of transportation you will find all throughout El Salvador ... Pickup tracks loading a number of people in their loading space and dropping them off, I guess, on demand to their places. Unfortunately I did not jump on any of them, it would likely have been an (unsafe but) interesting experience.
Another favorite way to get around El Salvador is by bus. As well as other places in Central and Latin America, buses are always colorful and funny and (click on and enlarge the picture aside) passengers often are as well!
- In a nutshell:Good chance for local country-lifestyle watching
To get to/from Nahuizalco, the alternative to private car and taxis is the bus. Bus line to Nahuizalco is the one which... more travel advice
gdilieto's Related Pages
Nahuizalco Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Nahuizalco
- 2 Reviews
- 14 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (10)
Have you been to Nahuizalco?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Nahuizalco
Top 10 Pages
- Granada Intro, 23 reviews, 93 photos, 4 travelogues
- Panamá City Intro, 16 reviews, 90 photos, 4 travelogues
- Cartagena Intro, 18 reviews, 86 photos, 5 travelogues
- San Juan Intro, 16 reviews, 87 photos, 5 travelogues
- Creel Intro, 17 reviews, 73 photos, 3 travelogues
- Pulau Langkawi Intro, 13 reviews, 60 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Guanajuato Intro, 14 reviews, 51 photos, 1 travelogue
- Lago de Atitlán Intro, 11 reviews, 52 photos, 3 travelogues
- Tlacotalpan Intro, 9 reviews, 47 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ponce Intro, 8 reviews, 41 photos, 2 travelogues
No friends yet.